March 26, 2010
Courtesy/CCAA housing unit is pictured in the Saguaro Correctional Center in Eloy, about 25 miles from Florence.
Stories this photo appears in:
A sign greeting motorists on Highway 79 welcomes them to the "historic town" of Florence, which Col. Levi Ruggles, an Indian agent, staked and platted in 1866. Florence became the Pinal County seat in 1875, and the agricultural center of the county by the 1920s.