FLAGSTAFF — Bradshaw Mountain football coach Chuck Moller predicted that Friday night’s big game at Coconino would be an old-fashioned, grind-it-out kind of high school contest.
ORO VALLEY — Diego Munguia ran for 174 yards and three touchdowns, quarterback Zach Eidenschink threw for a score and Canyon Del Oro won its fourth-straight game with a 35-23 win over the Badgers on Friday night.
Badger football gameday preview for Friday, Sept. 21, 2018, as they travel south to Tucson to play Canyon Del Oro. Kickoff set for 7 p.m.
PRESCOTT VALLEY — What a difference a year makes. For Bradshaw Mountain and Coconino’s football teams, it has meant the world. Both squads enter tonight’s Grand Canyon region contest at 7 inside Cromer Stadium in Flagstaff unbeaten and looking to get a leg up in the race for the league title.
PRESCOTT VALLEY — In a battle pitting the Top 2 and only remaining unbeaten teams in the Grand Canyon region on Tuesday night, Sept. 18, Bradshaw Mountain’s volleyball team was swept by Flagstaff, 3-0, at Gary Kunow Gym.
FLAGSTAFF — Bryce Peters hit three field goals, including the game-tying 25-yard boot to make it 24-24 with 4 seconds left and send it to overtime, but it was Clay Gross who was called upon to hit the game-winner and he did so, sending the Prescott football team to a thrilling 27-24 win Friday night.
Despite the Arizona College Prep. Knights scoring their first touchdown of the season, the Chino Valley Cougars kept their winning streak alive with a 26-7 victory Friday night.
KINGMAN — Minus suspended starting quarterback Austin Gonzales, the Bradshaw Mountain football team dug deep defensively on Friday night, crushing Lee Williams, 44-14, to start a season at 5-0 for the first time since 1986.
HOUSTON — Pinch-hitter Jon Jay's tiebreaking triple in the eighth inning helped the Arizona Diamondbacks beat the Houston Astros 4-2 Friday night, tightening a pair of playoff races.
Badger football gameday preview for Friday, Sept. 14, 2018, as they travel north and play Flagstaff.
PRESCOTT VALLEY — Bradshaw Mountain’s football team has gone 5-0 to start a season only once in its history, and the 2018 Bears are on the cusp of replicating the feat.
CHINO VALLEY — Chino Valley’s Athletic Hall of Fame will induct three former student-athletes and a longtime business for their contributions to the high school’s athletic department during a short ceremony at 5:15 p.m. Friday in the cafeteria.
PRESCOTT VALLEY — With four of the seven Grand Canyon region football teams scoring 50-plus points against their opponents last Friday night, Bradshaw Mountain only scored 42, but still managed to hold on to the No. 1 spot in the Grand Canyon Media Football Poll, released Wednesday afternoon.
PRESCOTT VALLEY — Through its first five power-point matches, Bradshaw Mountain’s volleyball team has shown the camaraderie, mettle and confidence of a region championship-caliber squad.
Prep Mountain Biking
FLAGSTAFF — Prescott’s Division I mountain biking team opened the 2018 season with an impressive statement, winning the Arizona Interscholastic Cycling League’s (AICL) first race of the 2018 season at Fort Tuthill County Park.
INDIANAPOLIS — First, Brad Keselowski figured out the secret to restarting at the Brickyard 400.
PRESCOTT — Suffering through a rash of illnesses to open the first two weeks of the 2018 season, only now is the Prescott cross-country team beginning to realize its true potential.
PRESCOTT VALLEY — For the first time in recent memory, Bradshaw Mountain’s football team owns a 4-0 record to start a season after shellacking Greenway, 42-20, in a 4A showdown Friday night at Bob Pavlich Field.
CHINO VALLEY — In what has been dubbed a “three-peat,” the Chino Valley football team won the Battle for the Bronze Boot for the third year in a row, winning their Friday night, Sept. 7, home opener against rival Camp Verde Cowboys 42-0.
PRESCOTT — Quarterback Austin Clark had 24 carries for 398 yards and a school-record seven rushing touchdowns as Prescott football recorded its second-straight blowout win with a 56-7 victory over Deer Valley on Friday night.
Badger football gameday preview for Friday, Sept. 7, 2018, as they host Deer Valley in Prescott.
PRESCOTT VALLEY — In a clash between unbeaten teams tonight, Sept. 7, Bradshaw Mountain football plays host to Greenway for a 4A contest that may eventually provide important power points to the winner.
PRESCOTT — With a contingent of at least 60 Bradshaw Mountain students rocking in the stands at the dome gym on Thursday night, the Bears’ volleyball team accomplished something it hasn’t done in some two decades – beat rival Prescott.
Prep Mountain Biking
PRESCOTT — The 2018 Arizona Interscholastic Cycling League’s co-ed season begins Sunday in Flagstaff, and Prescott’s defending Division I state runner-up high school team hopes its program continues to surge despite its youth.
PRESCOTT — Amid turmoil within the football program and an athletic department investigation placing him on leave last week, Badgers head coach Michael Gilpin tendered his resignation Wednesday afternoon.
- Need2Know: Krispy Kreme bails on PV; Western Heritage Foundation filling vacancy on Whiskey Row; car wash developments in PV; new Alfonso’s in Prescott
- Speed, alcohol alleged factors in motorcycle crash at Chino Valley roundabout
- Bodies of 4 men in ATV crash off an Arizona cliff recovered
- YCSO volunteer rescues dog attached to moving semi-truck
- Obituary: Raymond E. Woods
- ‘Angel’ to those in need calling on community to help him keep his home
- Camp Verde man wrestles with black bear near Patagonia
- Head-on crash kills 8, including 4 migrants in U.S. illegally
- PANT detectives busy with drug seizures, arrests
- Rash of vehicle thefts, burglaries strike Granville in Prescott Valley
- Prescott High student’s gunshot death double tragedy
- Authorities investigating shooting death of PHS student
- One killed in plane crash north of Prescott Airport
- Update: SR 89 reopens after fatal crash north of Chino Valley
- 22-year-old mother dead after multiple-vehicle crash on State Route 260
- Virus affecting deer in Yavapai Hills area near Prescott
- Plane crashes at Prescott Airport; no signs of life
- Two adults, one child killed in Highway 89 crash
- Need2Know: Dunkin’ Donuts; luxury apartments coming; Burlington; King Kong gone?; Sushi; Raven Café; and Dollar General
- 3 teenagers arrested for firing gun in Prescott Valley’s Fain Park