Yasmine Bernal, a pitcher/outfielder for the Bradshaw Mountain softball team who has already committed to Phoenix College, was chosen at the Daily Courier’s Athlete of the Week for the week of Monday, March 20, to Saturday, March 25.
Josh Khazaal, a senior pitcher/outfielder for the Bradshaw Mountain baseball team, was chosen as The Daily Courier’s Athlete of the Week for the week of Monday, March 13 to Saturday, March 18.
The Chino Valley softball team won five of six games at the Kingman High School Coca Cola Classic tournament this past weekend.
Audrey Hoey, a senior center fielder for the Chino Valley softball team, was chosen as The Daily Courier’s Athlete of the Week for the week of Monday, March 6, to Saturday, March 11.
Chino Valley High School baseball coach Jason Olson has a young and inexperienced squad, but has high hopes of winning conference, gaining a home seed for the playoffs, and going deep into the playoffs.
Last year, Prescott softball turned out to be a middle-of-the-road squad, finishing 10-8 overall and placing fifth in the Grand Canyon Region before getting knocked out in the first round of state playoffs.
Jack Mason of Prescott High School signed his letter of intent to continue his track and field career at Wagner College on Friday, March 10, the school library.
The Chino Valley track & field team put together a superb showing at the Glendale Invite on Friday, March 10, one that included a record-breaking performance from Michael Colasuonno in the pole vault event.
The James Family Prescott YMCA is organizing the 1st Annual Y-Madness 3 on 3 Basketball Tournament, Saturday, March 25, at the Prescott YMCA gymnasium.
Rylee “RJ” Parra, ace pitcher for the Prescott High School softball team, was chosen as The Daily Courier’s Athlete of the Week for the week of Monday, Feb. 27, to Saturday, March 4.
A quartet of Bradshaw Mountain athletes penned their letters of intent to continue their athletic careers at the college level during a signing event on Friday, March 3, at the high school gym.
Filling in the shoes of longtime Prescott baseball skipper Kent Winslow, who retired after the 2021 season, is no easy task for his successor Barry Tolli.
Ben Wilder, a senior who played for the Bradshaw Mountain boys basketball team, was chosen as The Daily Courier’s Athlete of the Week for the week of Monday, Feb. 20 to Saturday, Feb. 25.
Prescott football wide receiver Jake Hilton signed his letter of intent to continue his athletic career at the University of Wisconsin-River Falls (UWRF).
Just like last week against Salpointe Catholic, No. 4 Prescott boys basketball came out sluggish in their state quarterfinal game against No. 5 Mequite on Friday, Feb. 24.
No. 3 Bradshaw Mountain boys basketball had its hands full in the 4A state quarterfinals against No. 6 Cactus on Friday, Jan. 24, and when the team needed a hero after going down a point with under a minute left, it was Ben Wilder who swooped in to save the day.
Cody Hanna, a senior on the Prescott High School wrestling team, was chosen as The Daily Courier’s Athlete of the Week for the week of Monday, Feb. 13 to Saturday, Feb. 18.
Despite being down two starting midfielders, No. 6 Bradshaw Mountain boys soccer squeezed out a 3-2 victory over No. 11 Deer Valley in the first round of 4A state playoffs on Thursday, Feb. 16, at Bob Pavlich Field.
Unforced turnovers, silly fouls and unenthusiastic play nearly doomed Prescott boys basketball in its first-round state playoff game against Salpointe Catholic on Thursday, Feb. 16 at the Dome gym.
Mason Hunt, who plays for the Bradshaw Mountain boys basketball team, was chosen as The Daily Courier’s Athlete of the Week for the week of Monday, Feb. 6 to Saturday, Feb. 11.
The Bradshaw Mountain wrestling team had a strong performance at the AIA Divisional II Sectional II Championships over the weekend.
The creation of an Open State Championship bracket for boys basketball this year added a whole new twist to the playoff landscape as it pits the best teams from the 6A, 5A and 4A conferences against each other.
Bella Abt, a freshman center for the Prescott girls basketball team, was chosen as The Daily Courier’s Athlete of the Week for the week of Monday, Jan. 30 to Saturday, Feb. 4.
Landen Francis, who was an outside linebacker on the Prescott football team, signed his letter of intent to Oklahoma Baptist University in front of friends, family and other school personnel on Friday, Feb. 3, at the Prescott High School Library.
Prescott boys basketball had no problems scoring the basketball against Mingus Wednesday night, Feb. 1. However, it wasn’t until the second half that they found themselves defensively and truly secured the road region victory 67-40.
- YCSO mourns loss of sergeant who suffered heart attack at home March 24
- Vehicle falls into ravine off Highway 89 near Paulden; 3 occupants taken to hospital
- Dignity Health-YRMC to consolidate, reduce services, staff amid financial challenges
- Sewage overflow at Granite Creek leads to closure of park, environmental cleanup
- Yavapai Silent Witness offering reward in high-dollar gas theft case
- Bridge at Fain Lake remains closed after heavy flooding
- Why are flags at half-staff?
- Sewer overflow leads to high levels of E. coli in Granite Creek, Watson Lake
- Judge Hancock given non-judicial duties, cases reassigned
- Prescott works to clean up after heavy rainstorm
- ‘Gray Death’ drug appears in Prescott Valley
- Police seek info about fatal collision at Willow Creek Road, Haas Boulevard in Prescott
- Highway 69 open after two-car collision causes closure in both directions near Lowes
- Yavapai County Superior Court judge arrested on ‘super extreme DUI’ charge
- Collision on Highway 69 in Prescott Friday leaves 3 seriously injured
- ADOT announces upcoming I-17 closures
- Prescott’s streets, businesses serve as sets for first of mystery movies
- Prescott Valley Police need help locating hit-and-run suspects
- Need2Know: Summit 4X4 Company opens Prescott Valley location; Human Bean drive-thru espresso stand coming soon to Prescott Valley; Lucy Dee’s in Prescott changes name to State 48 Hometown BBQ
- Obituary: Tyler Zachary Greene