Roundup: Dolphins pull off miracle play to beat Patriots 34-33 1 hour, 3 minutes
Lewis’s late 3 helps lift Alabama past Arizona, 76-73 1 hour, 10 minutes
GLENDALE — It’s an NFL cliche, the crafty cornerback fooling the rookie quarterback. That’s exactly what happened in the biggest play of Detroit’s 17-3 victory over the Arizona Cardinals on Sunday.
GLENDALE — The Arizona Cardinals had hoped for the first winning streak of the season after a morale-boosting win at Green Bay in the snow last Sunday.
MIAMI GARDENS, Fla. (AP) — Kenyan Drake ran the last 52 yards as the Miami Dolphins scored on a pass and double lateral on the wild 69-yard final play Sunday to beat the New England Patriots 34-33.
Freshman Kira Lewis Jr. made a 3-pointer and two free throws over the final 13 seconds and the Crimson Tide held on for a 76-73 victory over Arizona on Sunday.
PHOENIX — Nevada had a short turnaround against a scrappy team with a loud fan base, even in what was technically a neutral-site game.
PHOENIX — Tennessee lost the reigning SEC player of the year down the stretch against the nation’s top-ranked team.
NBA G League
PRESCOTT VALLEY — Jawun Evans led Northern Arizona with 20 points, a team-record eight steals and six rebounds, but Stockton guard Kalin Lucas scored 15 of his 26 points in the final 3:48 to give the Kings a 90-84 win over the Suns on Saturday night.
GLENDALE — Two first-year head coaches will be on the sidelines when the Detroit Lions meet the Arizona Cardinals on Sunday, and both have had a rough season.
GLENDALE — Lukas Radil’s first NHL goal broke a tie with 5:47 to play and the San Jose Sharks beat the Arizona Coyotes 5-3 Saturday night.
NEW YORK — Kyler Murray replaced a Heisman Trophy winner by becoming a Heisman Trophy winner. The Oklahoma quarterback won college football’s most prestigious individual award Saturday night.
Junior College Men’s Soccer
PRESCOTT — Yavapai College soccer players Jose Perez Flores, Gabriel Claudio and Kevyn Lo were named to the 2018 United Soccer Coaches Junior College Division I Men’s All-West Team on Friday, Dec. 7.
Here’s a crazy thought: The Houston Texans with home-field advantage throughout the AFC playoffs.
PHOENIX — The depleted Phoenix Suns gave the Heat a little resistance before normalcy was restored, and Miami became the latest team to win in the desert.
Prep Boys Soccer
PRESCOTT VALLEY — Bradshaw Mountain’s boys soccer team picked up its first power-point win of the 2018-19 season on Friday, Dec. 7, dispatching Moon Valley, 2-0, in a 4A matchup at a damp and chilly Bob Pavlich Field.
ST. LOUIS — Now that he is with the St. Louis Cardinals, Paul Goldschmidt is not thinking beyond the 2019 season.
NEW YORK — Tua Tagovailoa rolled across the floor of the New York Stock Exchange on a black scooter with a little Alabama sticker on the front, his sprained left ankle in a gray plastic boot, safely propped up as he pushed off with his right foot.
WASHINGTON — As with most things involving the Washington Nationals' offseason, a day that was supposed to be all about introducing Patrick Corbin morphed into a day about Bryce Harper.
PHILADELPHIA — A general’s pep talk about actual life-and-death battles emerged as a driving force this season for the Army football team.
PHOENIX — Right-hander Merrill Kelly is joining his hometown Arizona Diamondbacks, agreeing to a $5.5 million, two-year contract.
CARACAS, Venezuela — Former major league players Luis Valbuena and Jose Castillo were killed in a car crash caused by highway bandits who then robbed them, officials said Friday.
LYNCHBURG, Va. — Hugh Freeze has enjoyed the highs of football, such as winning the Sugar Bowl and beating mighty Alabama. He's also known embarrassment and shame following a personal scandal that cost him his job at Mississippi.
CHICAGO — Alex Morgan has been named U.S. Soccer's Player of the Year for a second time after leading the national team with 18 goals in 19 games and helping it earn a spot in the World Cup next year in France.
PORTLAND, Ore. — Jake Layman hadn't played in Portland's last five games, so he wanted to make the best of it when he did get his chance.
GLENDALE — Andre Burakovsky made a mistake that led to Arizona's first goal and spent most of the night watching pucks repeatedly bounce over his stick.
NBA G League
AUSTIN, Texas — Playing without one of their top scorers, Northern Arizona struggled to put the ball in the basket Thursday night, scoring the fewest points in franchise history in a 91-81 loss to the Austin Spurs.
- Explosion reported on Lakeshore Drive in Prescott Valley
- Man found dead in Prescott Valley home
- No injuries reported after possible explosion on Lakeshore Drive in Prescott Valley
- Family watched man battle for sobriety before he was found dead in Prescott Valley home
- Need2Know: Native Grill closes; new pet grooming business opens in Dewey; Maverik in Dewey remodeling
- Arizona couple drives to Wyoming with kids in trunk so dogs could stay in back seat
- 2 city officials call for Stringer’s resignation
- Cottonwood detective faces kidnapping, assault, domestic violence charges
- K9 finds one pound of meth in vehicle driving through Mayer
- Obituary: Jason David Scherer
- Police: 19-year-old PV men died of accidental overdose involving fentanyl
- Gunner Bundrick’s family releases heartfelt statement about 19-year-old’s death
- Why are flags at half-staff today, Nov. 28, 2018
- PANT takes down more suspected fentanyl dealers
- Why are flags at half-staff today, Nov. 30, 2018
- 1 wallaby dies, 1 injured in Heritage Park Zoo fire
- PANT makes arrests involving alleged use, sale of fentanyl
- Fatal motorcycle accident on Highway 69
- Identity released of man killed in motorcycle accident Friday
- Need2Know: 2nd layoff at RESA; Circle K nearly complete; Whiskey Row building sells; Rickety Cricket now full-fledged bar; Christmas Store opens in PV