The lies rain down on us so relentlessly that we’re often benumbed.
As an only child, I learned how to get along with other kids by imitating the behavior of older boys I respected.
In a test of his election year clout, President Donald Trump returned a familiar electoral battleground recently to try to put one of his biggest supporters over the top in a key U.S. Senate race.
I have browsed umpteen garage and yard sales over the years and used to help my mother display her collectibles in her neighborhood’s miles-long event.
• DESTRUCTION — This has been a great monsoon, hasn’t it?! The seasonal rainfall last month took us from 1.5 inches of
Union protesters and celebrity advocates have decided that waiters’ tips aren’t big enough.
We are pleased to announce new Essential Air Service (EAS) for Prescott Municipal Airport (PRC), featuring commercial jet service for the first time in our aviation history.
SOMEWHERE ALONG LONG ISLAND SOUND — From my beach chair, there’s a strong wind blowing in from across the water, rippling the pages of my book, as moisture slowly condenses on the beer bottle at my side.
As Yavapai County Sheriff, my top priority is public safety.
Washington, D.C., routinely ranks high in surveys on America’s most livable cities, but as somebody who’s been a resident of both areas, I can tell you that Pittsburgh’s a far better place to live.
Instead of enjoying peaceful crickets chattering, the summer wind blowing through local trees or a distant monsoon storm lighting up the sky only to hear thunder seconds later, residents in my Prescott Valley neighborhood are often treated to the soothing sounds of a racetrack.
Summer is half over, which means that many people have taken their traditional driving vacation, and likely encountered oppressive traffic.
The pollsters at Pew recently reported that 68 percent of Americans are suffering from news exhaustion, and that jibes with what I witness on an anecdotal basis.
The Claremont Institute and the James Wilson Institute recently co-hosted a panel discussing “The Kavanaugh Hearing: A Battle of Two Constitutions.”
Our first home in Prescott was up the hill from the Gateway Mall in The Ranch at Prescott.
A reader’s recent comment got me thinking and remembering a lot of things when mentioning a 1972 movie of struggle, risks … and leadership.
If a liberal like Jesse Jackson went on CNN and accused my father of being a “known womanizer” like President Trump, conservatives across America would go off the rails.
While self-proclaimed “democratic socialists” win Democratic primaries in America, actual socialists in Cuba are finally backing away from some of the ideas that kept Cubans poor.
In case national Republicans needed another reminder of the power of women at the ballot box, pollsters at Quinnipiac University just handed it to them.
Calls to abolish Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) began as whispers, but today are a lion’s-roar demand, at least among illegal immigration advocates and their congressional allies.
According to NBC News, the travel industry’s latest trend is the “nacation.”
Here are a handful of notable news pieces that might indicate more than they look like on the surface, which I’ll expound on below.
There’s no softer or more polite way to say it: President Trump groveled before Vladimir Putin in Helsinki, Finland.
Many among us maintain wish lists.
Boy, are Americans getting old.
- Prescott attorney’s body found in Montana
- Former bar manager arrested for allegedly selling meth out of Prescott hotel room
- Highlighting Prescott’s ‘well-kept secret’
- Obituary: Carol Springer
- Watch out for card skimming at the gas pump
- Highway 89 widening features new roundabout
- PVPD warns about imposter animal control officers
- Two Yavapai County men killed in plane crash
- Cottonwood teacher arrested for alleged sex with 17-year-old boy
- From single mother to ‘Fab Five,’ Prescott’s Carol Springer leaves behind singular legacy
- Why are flags at half-staff today, July 27, 2018
- Chino man pleads guilty to second degree murder of 10-year-old
- Domestic violence call ends in Prescott Valley man getting shot, air-lifted to Flagstaff
- Need2Know: SueAnn’s Apple Pan, Brown Bag Burger, Prescott Firehouse Subs, and Don Walters renamed EVP of Miramonte Homes
- Fatal crash along I-17 claimed life of Dewey resident
- Need2Know: Deano’s Sweet Potato Café closed again, could be sold; MOD Pizza coming to Prescott Valley; Premiere Wellness opens second location
- Prescott attorney’s body found in Montana
- Editorial: Prescott Police kick it in Lip Sync Challenge
- Don’t kill the tarantulas, they’re helping you, experts say
- Yavapai Casino temporarily closed to deal with security issue