In October I shared a music video by American Idol star David Archuleta singing his new single, "Glorious," written by Stephanie Maybe.
Well, that was a sudden Halloween shock.The Thursday night soccer match at Ken Lindley Field proved again, for the uber-enth time, that great soccer on a cool autumn night under the lights in Prescott is on heavy rotation. Phoenix beat Yavapai in a sudden-death overtime that took only moments to end as soon as it started, and pivot the drama and emotion that grows straight from the Lindley grass.
Jackie Rizzo, Master Gardener, will present an educational program all about trees.
Hello Simply Fit readers. This months blog pertains to a subject that I knew existed in our world, country, and even our state, but I had no idea the extent it reached in my own school district.
Five years ago, the Chino Valley school district lost 164 students, for a decrease of 5.9 percent in enrollment. "(It is) the largest decline amongst the four school districts in the area," then-Superintendent Duane Noggle said.
This video features American Idol star David Archuleta singing his new single, "Glorious." The stunning footage in the video is from the documentary film "Meet the Mormons."
Roger Goodell, by his admission, is responsible for the NFL's disastrous handling of the issue of domestic violence. It's an issue that's 1,000 times more important than the NFL, as he has only come to learn in the past few weeks.
If you are the parent of a smart and talented child that does not fit the world's definition of smart and talented, you will see the truth in this blog entry.
According to the American Heart Association, cardiovascular disease is the number one killer of women over the age of 25, claiming half a million lives each year.
As any mother can attest, having newborns isn't easy. Yet, there is an expectation that mothers instantly fall in love with their newborns, that some overwhelming emotion comes out and the bond is instantaneous and everlasting. I call it the Fairy Tale Effect.
ESPN's Tom Jackson on Monday evening asked the two most apt questions in terms of the league's handling of the abhorrent Ray Rice situation: What did the league know, and when did it know it?
In the northern part of our state - while it's been a relief to witness one of the most productive monsoon seasons in our area on record, the fact remains that we're still in a drought, and will most likely continue to be.
It is because of immunizations that babies no longer die of diphtheria and we no longer have to worry about getting polio at the pool. As parents, we can worry a lot less about our children now that vaccines are in existence.
Hey, this is no joke anymore. Although in the past I've approached it as a joke, this is now officially void of humor. Like the Oakland Raiders parking lot after an overtime loss to Denver. Like replacement refs on Monday Night Football. This is past the point of being a fun sideshow.Roger Goodell has ruined the NFL.
Yoga finds its roots as a deeply spiritual and meditative practice. Through synchronizing mind, body and breath, a yoga asana practice becomes meditation in motion.
A friend recently recommended the book "NurtureShock: New Thinking About Children" by Po Bronson and Ashley Merryman. I picked up a copy at our local independent bookstore ...
Hello Simply Fit readers. "I just don't have the time to exercise" is a statement that I hear over and over again from people who want to improve their health, but feel they need to commit to several hours of exercise each week.
Many, even most of us love the courthouse plaza. It is the heart of Prescott. Having lived in cities and towns where their plazas are dead or dying - lacking a heartbeat of activity - I, like many Prescottonians, have an interest in seeing Prescott's downtown enjoy protections of sorts.
When T and I got married here in Prescott, I wanted a cute, simple way to combine seating assignments with a party favor and chose to do so with little packets of seeds. I went through a local heirloom seed company ...
A Florida woman faces charges of felony child neglect after allowing her 7-year-old son to walk to a park by himself.
Some bummer summer news came today with word that the Prescott Valley horse racing track, Yavapai Downs, is up for sale.
There is a growing awareness about the important role Omega-3 fats play in overall health. Because they improve the function of every cell in the body, consuming adequate amounts is said to reduce the risk of all-cause mortality.
I spend a lot of time thinking about food - not only because I have a passion for food, but also because I have mouths to feed. My husband and I have a small business amongst other things, and in addition to the many crazy things that happen in a days time ... we also have spunky 4-year-old twins!
I can still remember having all four of my wisdom teeth pulled when I was 18 years old. The pain, the puffy cheeks and the inability to eat anything that wasn't a pureed texture. But the upside was that I consumed enough ice cream milkshakes to last a life time.
- Prescott attorney’s body found in Montana
- Cleared for takeoff: Booking is underway for United Express flights from Prescott to Denver, L.A.
- Former bar manager arrested for allegedly selling meth out of Prescott hotel room
- Highway 89 widening features new roundabout
- Obituary: Carol Springer
- Need2Know: Spirit Halloween open for season; Hertz coming to Prescott; Coldwell Banker buys Windermere Real Estate
- Meet the candidates running for Justice of Peace, Constable in Yavapai County
- Cottonwood teacher arrested for alleged sex with 17-year-old boy
- Female motorist saved during swift water rescue in Humboldt
- PVPD warns about imposter animal control officers
- Why are flags at half-staff today, July 27, 2018
- Chino man pleads guilty to second degree murder of 10-year-old
- Domestic violence call ends in Prescott Valley man getting shot, air-lifted to Flagstaff
- Need2Know: SueAnn’s Apple Pan, Brown Bag Burger, Prescott Firehouse Subs, and Don Walters renamed EVP of Miramonte Homes
- Prescott closes main Peavine Trailhead after damage from storm microburst
- Fatal crash along I-17 claimed life of Dewey resident
- Need2Know: Deano’s Sweet Potato Café closed again, could be sold; MOD Pizza coming to Prescott Valley; Premiere Wellness opens second location
- Editorial: Prescott Police kick it in Lip Sync Challenge
- Don’t kill the tarantulas, they’re helping you, experts say
- Yavapai Casino temporarily closed to deal with security issue