State wildlife officers have seized three king cobras among the more than 300 reptiles kept in a New York home.
The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals says more than 600 birds were removed from a house in central Ohio after reports of animal neglect and a complaint from the public about living conditions.
A dog could not resist being lured away from a busy Massachusetts highway by a teddy bear.
A British conservation charity says record-breaking temperatures have encouraged a rare flock of Andean flamingos to lay eggs for the first time since 2003.
Eight days after its birth in captivity, a rare newborn Silvery Gibbon has gone on public display at the Prague Zoo in the Czech Republic. (Aug. 14)
London’s famous, festering fatberg lives on — and is getting its own livestream.
Police are investigating after a video shows a man spanking a hippopotamus at the Los Angeles Zoo.
Firefighters had to rescue a southwestern Illinois man from deep mud after he became stuck while trying to reach his pet parrot.
It was not a fairy tale, but a rescue on a Minnesota lake did involve a rainbow unicorn.
Baby rhino Malindi, born last week at Chester Zoo in the UK, was seen playing outside on Wednesday for the first time since his birth. (Aug. 10)
A mountain lion that became trapped inside a Colorado home killed a house cat before police and wildlife officers were able to scare it out.
The billionaire behind a measure to split California in three said he’s giving up on the effort to reimagine the nation’s most populous state after the state Supreme Court knocked it off the November ballot.
A life-size bronze statue of a red-haired, freckle-faced Archie is now greeting visitors at a New Hampshire town in honor of a local man who drew the comic book character and his group of wholesome teenage friends.
An Indian lawmaker has appeared in Parliament dressed like Adolf Hitler with a toothbrush moustache and wearing a khaki coat with swastika symbols on his pocket and arm. His demand: More funds for the development of his state in southern India.
The evangelist Franklin Graham recently asked thousands of people at an Oregon rally to pray for the state’s Democratic governor, saying she should be a Christian.
A cat named Harley has used up two of its nine lives after surviving being hit by two vehicles on an upstate New York road.
A Rhode Island woman’s karaoke version of Missy Elliott’s hit song “Work It” has become an internet sensation, even drawing praise from Elliott.
In most of the world, donkeys are beasts of burden, but the only job of the long-eared denizens of Donkey Park is to nuzzle, bray and beguile the diverse group of people who find comfort in their company.
MONROE, N.C. — North Carolina authorities arrested a juvenile Wednesday they say robbed a 9-year-old lemonade vendor of $17 at gunpoint, a stickup that prompted an outpouring of sympathy and donations for the young entrepreneur.
A herd of 16 cows helped police officers in Florida corral a fleeing suspect who bailed out of a car and ran through a pasture.
Vermont’s capital city is trying a natural way to get rid of poison ivy — grazing goats.
A cat seeking refuge from a raging Northern California wildfire found a fine-feathered friend as it awaited rescue from the heat and flames.
A man who jumped out of a freezer and threatened employees with a knife at a New York City brunch spot and then died was a suspected cold-case killer who had just been released from jail in Boston, authorities revealed on Monday.
Body camera video shows police rescuing a trapped passenger from a fiery car crash in Atlanta. (Aug. 6)
About 100 escaped goats munched on manicured lawns in Idaho’s capital city before being rounded up and hauled away Friday morning.
- Need2Know: Krispy Kreme bails on PV; Western Heritage Foundation filling vacancy on Whiskey Row; car wash developments in PV; new Alfonso’s in Prescott
- Speed, alcohol alleged factors in motorcycle crash at Chino Valley roundabout
- Bodies of 4 men in ATV crash off an Arizona cliff recovered
- YCSO volunteer rescues dog attached to moving semi-truck
- Obituary: Raymond E. Woods
- ‘Angel’ to those in need calling on community to help him keep his home
- Camp Verde man wrestles with black bear near Patagonia
- Head-on crash kills 8, including 4 migrants in U.S. illegally
- PANT detectives busy with drug seizures, arrests
- Rash of vehicle thefts, burglaries strike Granville in Prescott Valley
- Prescott High student’s gunshot death double tragedy
- Authorities investigating shooting death of PHS student
- One killed in plane crash north of Prescott Airport
- Update: SR 89 reopens after fatal crash north of Chino Valley
- Virus affecting deer in Yavapai Hills area near Prescott
- 22-year-old mother dead after multiple-vehicle crash on State Route 260
- Plane crashes at Prescott Airport; no signs of life
- Two adults, one child killed in Highway 89 crash
- Need2Know: Dunkin’ Donuts; luxury apartments coming; Burlington; King Kong gone?; Sushi; Raven Café; and Dollar General
- 3 teenagers arrested for firing gun in Prescott Valley’s Fain Park