Eight Prescott area chess players competed in 56 chess games at Yavapai College on Saturday, May 5.
Local high school seniors celebrated their academic achievement at a dinner hosted by the Prescott Sunrise Lions Club.
Mingus Springs Charter School, in Chino Valley, held their annual Science Fair on Thursday, Feb. 15.
Stacey Johnson of Chino Valley, Arizona, was recently initiated into The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi, the nation’s oldest and most selective all-discipline collegiate honor society.
Merilee Fowler, executive director of MatForce, has been selected as the Arizona outstanding Director of the Year for Community Partnerships.
On April 9, Ronald (Ron) Sauntman became the new Yavapai County Emergency Services Manager.
Aimee Novak has been selected by the American Farm Bureau Foundation for Agriculture to participate in an On the Farm health educator professional development event in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, May 16-18.
Allie Amos named to Lasell College’s Dean’s List Lasell College announced today that Allie Amos from Prescott, was named as a member of the Dean’s List for her academic performance in the fall 2017 semester.
Robert A. Cressman of Prescott Valley was elected the new leader of the Arizona Rangers at the recent State meeting held in Phoenix.
The ladies of the General George Crook Chapter, National Society Daughters of the American Revolution (NSDAR) present Sharlot Hall with a plaque for the Governor’s Mansion.
On Feb. 16, the Community Health Center of Yavapai (CHCY), also known as the Yavapai County Community Health Services, was awarded the 2017 Quality Improvement Award from the Department of Health and Human Services.
Dillan Tiger Osborn, son of Alexander N. Osborn and stepson of Jane Cole Osborn of Prescott, earned the highest Boy Scouts of America rank of Eagle Scout.
The Prescott office of Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage helped raise $2,640 for Big Brothers Big Sisters at annual Bowl for Kids’ Sake event on March 25.
BloomTree Realty gives a sizeable donation to the PUSD Family Resource Center to help children in need.
Alex Vakula, a Prescott attorney and the president of the Arizona Bar Association, has been chosen as President-Elect of the Western States Bar Conference. Vakula will take office in 2020.
U.S. Air Force Airman Sebastian G. Lupe graduated from basic military training at Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, San Antonio, Texas.
Lincoln Elementary students read 115,963 minutes and raised $3,149 in February 2018 for Meals on Wheels, Hungry Kids, comfort dog assisted reading and water system repair in Puerto Rico.
The Cliff Rose neighborhood residents donated 850 pounds of food on Feb 24 to The Prescott Community Cupboard.
Cordes Lakes Library Volunteer Rochelle Dekarske stopped by the West Yavapai Guidance Clinic Prescott Valley March 7 with a donation of children’s books for the outpatient counseling center’s lobby.
Yavapai College Small Business Development Center (SBDC), an America’s SBDC Arizona Network Service Center (AZSBDC), congratulates Ignacio Mesa, owner, Clear Creek Vineyard & Winery, the Yavapai County SBDC 2018 Success Award Winner!
Thomas E. Hanson, son of Rick and Kathy Hanson of Prescott Valley, grandson of Chief Master Sergeant “Bob” Hanson (Ret.) also of Prescott Valley, a graduate of Bradshaw Mountain High School, and a former teacher at Humboldt Unified School District, was sworn in for his second enlistment by his grandfather aboard the USS Midway in San Diego on Feb. 2.
Gunner’s Mate 3rd Class Jordan Thompson, left, and Gunner’s Mate Seaman Cole Parrish, from Prescott Valley, determine scores on a firing-range target during a gun shoot aboard the amphibious assault ship USS Bonhomme Richard (LHD 6).
Petty Officer 2nd Class Matthew Weedon is a boatswain’s mate serving aboard USS Fort Worthbased in San Diego.
U.S. Air Force Airman Hayden T. Klein graduated from basic military training at Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, San Antonio, Texas.
U.S. Air Force Airman Kevin L. Atkerson graduated from basic military training at Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, San Antonio, Texas.
- Prescott attorney’s body found in Montana
- Cleared for takeoff: Booking is underway for United Express flights from Prescott to Denver, L.A.
- Former bar manager arrested for allegedly selling meth out of Prescott hotel room
- Obituary: Carol Springer
- Highway 89 widening features new roundabout
- Meet the candidates running for Justice of Peace, Constable in Yavapai County
- Need2Know: Spirit Halloween open for season; Hertz coming to Prescott; Coldwell Banker buys Windermere Real Estate
- PVPD warns about imposter animal control officers
- Watch out for card skimming at the gas pump
- Highlighting Prescott’s ‘well-kept secret’
- Why are flags at half-staff today, July 27, 2018
- Chino man pleads guilty to second degree murder of 10-year-old
- Domestic violence call ends in Prescott Valley man getting shot, air-lifted to Flagstaff
- Need2Know: SueAnn’s Apple Pan, Brown Bag Burger, Prescott Firehouse Subs, and Don Walters renamed EVP of Miramonte Homes
- Fatal crash along I-17 claimed life of Dewey resident
- Prescott closes main Peavine Trailhead after damage from storm microburst
- Need2Know: Deano’s Sweet Potato Café closed again, could be sold; MOD Pizza coming to Prescott Valley; Premiere Wellness opens second location
- Prescott attorney’s body found in Montana
- Editorial: Prescott Police kick it in Lip Sync Challenge
- Don’t kill the tarantulas, they’re helping you, experts say