Suspects wanted after armed robbery of taxi driver
Prescott police are seeking a man and woman who robbed a female taxi driver at gunpoint in Prescott Sunday morning, Jan. 29, in the 100 block of North Arizona Street.
Prescott Police responded to the report of the robbery at about 10:25. Through the course of the investigation, it was reported that the male suspect pointed a handgun at the driver, and told her to drive while still at gunpoint. The victim was directed to pull into a parking lot in the 500 block of 6th Street where she was ordered to leave her vehicle. The suspects then drove away in the vehicle, which contained the victims’ personal belongings.
The stolen vehicle was later located abandoned in the parking lot of the Hilton Garden Inn, located in the 300 block of North Montezuma Street.
The suspects were described as a white male between 30 and 40 years old, approximately 5 feet, 8 inches to 6 feet, medium build, possibly wearing a dark-colored hooded jacket. The female suspect was described as a white female 25 to 30 years old, between 5 feet 2 inches and 5 feet, 4 inches, 130 pounds, with light blonde hair, and possibly wearing a tan beanie and tan jacket.
Currently, the suspects remain at large. The police are asking for anyone with any information regarding this crime to call Det. Grahlmann at 928-777-1900 ext. 5641. You can also remain anonymous by reporting information to Yavapai Silent Witness at 1-800-952-3232 or at yavapaisw.com.
Information provided by Prescott Police Department.
- YCSO mourns loss of sergeant who suffered heart attack at home March 24
- Vehicle falls into ravine off Highway 89 near Paulden; 3 occupants taken to hospital
- Dignity Health-YRMC to consolidate, reduce services, staff amid financial challenges
- Sewage overflow at Granite Creek leads to closure of park, environmental cleanup
- Yavapai Silent Witness offering reward in high-dollar gas theft case
- Bridge at Fain Lake remains closed after heavy flooding
- Why are flags at half-staff?
- Sewer overflow leads to high levels of E. coli in Granite Creek, Watson Lake
- Judge Hancock given non-judicial duties, cases reassigned
- Prescott works to clean up after heavy rainstorm
- ‘Gray Death’ drug appears in Prescott Valley
- Police seek info about fatal collision at Willow Creek Road, Haas Boulevard in Prescott
- Highway 69 open after two-car collision causes closure in both directions near Lowes
- Yavapai County Superior Court judge arrested on ‘super extreme DUI’ charge
- Collision on Highway 69 in Prescott Friday leaves 3 seriously injured
- ADOT announces upcoming I-17 closures
- Prescott’s streets, businesses serve as sets for first of mystery movies
- Prescott Valley Police need help locating hit-and-run suspects
- Need2Know: Summit 4X4 Company opens Prescott Valley location; Human Bean drive-thru espresso stand coming soon to Prescott Valley; Lucy Dee’s in Prescott changes name to State 48 Hometown BBQ
- Obituary: Tyler Zachary Greene
Click Below to: