Dump the Drugs in 5 locations in the Quad Cities Oct. 23
Updated as of Monday, October 11, 2021 6:37 PM
MatForce, a primary prevention coalition focused on stopping youth drug use before it starts, has partnered again this year with local law enforcement agencies to host medication takeback events throughout Yavapai County.
Since 2008, nearly 37,000 pounds of medication have been collected and properly disposed of through Dump the Drugs events and drop box locations throughout Yavapai County, according to a news release. That’s about the same weight as 24 cows.
Takeback events are a convenient way for community members to dispose of expired or unwanted medications. The events will be held on Saturday, Oct. 23, 2021, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at five Prescott-area locations:
• Chino Valley Police Department, 1950 Voss Drive;
• Prescott Police Department, 222 S. Marina St.;
• Yavapai College, Prescott Campus, 1100 E. Sheldon St., Building 28, Prescott;
• Fry’s Pharmacy in collaboration with Prescott Valley Police Department, 3100 N. Glassford Hill Road, Prescott Valley; and,
• Yavapai County Sheriff’s Office, 4155 W. Outer Loop Road, Suite B, Prescott.
Information provided by MatForce.