Update: Trump rally set for Monday at Prescott Airport
Updated as of Sunday, October 18, 2020 4:16 PM
Editor's note: This Sunday update contains additional parking information, and airport operations and flight information.
A rally is scheduled for noon Monday, Oct. 19, at the Prescott Regional Airport (PRC) for the 2020 re-election campaign for President Donald Trump.
A Sunday news release from the City of Prescott reports that gates will open at 8 a.m., and the event is scheduled to begin at noon.
Tickets and other information are available at the campaign website: https://www.donaldjtrump.com/events.
“Currently, Prescott Police and airport staff are finalizing details about the event, including security, parking and traffic patterns around the airport,” stated the city’s news release, adding, “Here is what we know so far.”
• Gates open at 8 a.m. Admissions and security procedures will be handled by the Trump campaign. More information is available at the campaign website.
• The president is expected to speak at noon. The event is expected to last about one hour and 15 minutes.
• No signs, lawn chairs, umbrellas, coolers, beverages, knives or weapons will be allowed. Details will be provided via email to registered attendees. Please be advised that seating is limited. Water, shade areas and portable restrooms will be provided by the campaign on site.
• All attendees will be temperature checked, and provided with a mask and hand sanitizer.
• Traffic patterns around PRC will be impacted. Road closures for the event are expected at:
• Deep Well Road (from Ruger to the Airport Terminal)
• Janine Lane (from MacCurdy to Ruger Road)
• Ruger Road (from SR 89 to Deep Well Road)
• MacCurdy (from SR 89 to Janine)
• MacCurdy at Bar Heart
• MacCurdy at Clubhouse
• Clubhouse at Wineglass
• Cirrus at Wilkinson Drive
• There will be no stopping, standing or parking at any roadside in the event area; there will be no parking permitted on airport property. Attendees must use remote parking and shuttle services.
• If at all possible, the city is asking motorists to avoid the airport area, including highways 89 and 89A, beginning at 7 a.m., through 3 p.m. Monday.
• No overnight camping will be allowed in the airport area.
• Multiple event parking locations with shuttle service have been announced:
-Potter’s House Church at 5195 N. Hwy 89, Prescott (Shuttles begin at 7:30am)
-Heights Church, 2121 Larry Caldwell Drive, Prescott (Shuttles begin at 7:30am)
-Findlay Toyota Center, Prescott Valley (Shuttles begin at 7:30am)
-Watson Lake and Pioneer Park will be used if the above lots fill, with shuttles shifting to those locations later in the morning (after 8:30am).
Beginning at 7:30 a.m., ADA accessible buses will shuttle attendees from the parking locations to the event location. Those with accessibility challenges may bring canes, walkers or other mobility devices.
For those with significant mobility issues, or health concerns: Please be advised this event will take place on unimproved terrain, and there will likely be long lines, long distance walking, and long periods of standing.
• The event will impact general-aviation air operations at the Prescott Regional Airport, however, “At this time we do not anticipate the event affecting commercial operations on United Express,” said the news release.
“Passengers should plan to arrive at the airport 90 minutes prior to their departure. If you plan to fly to or from PRC that day, go to www.United.com for updates and flight status.” See additional new flight information below.
• Antelope Hills Golf Course will cancel all tee times on Monday, Oct. 19, scheduled before 3 p.m. for the North Course; the South Course will be open all day. Rescheduling can occur by contacting the golf course at 928-776-7888.
• All US Forest Service Air Tanker Base operations will continue at PRC, in support of the Horse Fire.
Updated airline flight and airport terminal information
United Express flights to Denver, Los Angeles, and beyond are scheduled to operate normally on the event day. Passengers should plan to arrive at the airport 90 minutes prior to departure. As always, monitor United.com for updates and flight status.
Morning DEN Departure (6 a.m.) and Evening LAX Arrival (8 p.m.): Operations as normal. Passengers may utilize the terminal parking lot.
Afternoon LAX Departures and DEN Arrival: A special airline passenger and meeter/greeter parking area will be available at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church (2000 Shepherd’s Lane) for use after 12 noon on Oct. 19. This lot can be accessed via DeepWell Road. Let them know you have a flight or are meeting an incoming passenger. No transit to the Trump event will occur from this lot.
• Departing Passenger (on outbound LAX flight): Valid boarding pass and photo ID must be presented by departing passengers to board the terminal-only shuttle at St. Luke's.
• Arriving passengers can access their vehicles currently parked in the terminal lot, or can use the terminal-only shuttle (to go to St. Luke’s) to meet their transportation. Meeter/greeters for arriving passengers must stay at St. Luke’s to meet the passenger (who will arrive on the terminal-only shuttle).
The city’s news release adds, “Please be aware that times and other details are subject to change with little or no advance notice. If you plan to attend, go to the campaign website, www.donaldjtrump.com, for updates.”
The city will also post updates on its website home page at www.cityofprescott.net.
Information provided by the City of Prescott.
Click Below to: