Winners announced for Veterans Day parade
Out of 83 entries, eight winners have been announced for the Nov. 11 Prescott Veterans Day parade. The theme this year was “Honoring the Military Family- Courage, Strength and Sacrifice.” Awards were given to the best entry in seven categories: commercial, fraternal organization, hospital, marching unit, motorized group, music, and non-profit, as well as award for best overall entry.
Prescott Veterans Day Parade 2020
The winners were:
• Fraternal – Fraternal Order of Eagles FOE #3600
• Hospital – Northern Arizona VA Health Care System
• Marching unit – Copper State Detachment/ Granite Mountain Young Marines
• Motorized – Prescott Antique Auto Club
• Music – Scottish American Military Society
• Nonprofit – Bethany’s Gait
• Commercial business – Founding Father’s Collective
• Best overall – Arizona Public Service (APS)
A city news release stated: “The City of Prescott would like to thank all those who participated, as well as the community partners that helped to sponsor this year’s parade, including Arizona Public Service (APS), Arizona Ranch & Golf Carts, Thumb Butte Medical, Northern Arizona VA Health Care System, and Safeway.”
Winning entries can contact Michelle Stacy-Schroeder at the City of Prescott Recreation Services Department at 928-777-1552 to schedule awards pickup.