Rants & Raves: Sept. 22, 2019
Got something on your mind? Tell us about it in 40 words or less
- RE: New traffic-signal tech trims minutes from daily commute — And yet the traffic is still backed up almost from stoplight to stoplight. Real intelligent. I’ve seen no significant drop in drive time.
- I love the new “scramble” crossing currently being tested downtown. I am sure it will be successful and expanded. However, the city needs to plant a plainclothes officer at the corner and ticket the jaywalkers crossing against the lights.
- RE: Editorial: Town gets the chief they want, need — We want someone who supports the Constitution and need someone, within that support, who will be effective against illegal immigration. It is the LAW. We will see.
- The USPS is now delivering mail at 7 p.m. in the west section of Prescott near Thumb Butte. We used to receive our mail around noon. Unacceptable service level.
- California has become unaffordable, unlivable and ungovernable. Please leave Arizona and Prescott alone.
- The Supreme Court ruling that businesses have the right to deny service has nothing to do with corporations. You can accept the LGBT lifestyle, you do not have to believe it is marriage and be forced to promote it!
- ‘If folks want to live in area that is prone to wildfires, floods, tornadoes or earthquakes, it’s their business, but stop begging for help when it gets wiped out.’ Everyone is exposed to risk beyond their control. Empathy, please!
- It seems many automobiles are no longer equipped with turn signals. If you have them, use them. It’s a matter of courtesy and safety.
- Kudos to our local fire department and FireWise program. Very able bodied team removed and chipped yard debris in 15 minutes that took me over 10 years to accumulate and 3 weeks to move to curbside. Job well done.
- Anybody want to tell me where the FDA was in this Oxycontin approval? I thought the FDA was supposed to protect the public.
- Please do something about the cell tower at the top of the Sierra Prietas. It’s a terrible sight in the forest as we come and go from town on Iron Springs Road.
All Rants & Raves are subject to editing. Submit RANTS&RAVES at dcourier.com/rants-and-raves or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click Below to: