Rants & Raves: October 13, 2019
Got something on your mind? Tell us about it in 40 words or less.
- Since the floodgate on development in the quad-city area has been opened, why don’t we be proactive and start burying our power lines to avoid fires like those in California?
- “I, in my great and unmatched wisdom”: Roman Emperor Augustus thought he was a god, too.
- RE: “State could see extra $694M influx of funds.” They say it is likely short lived for most of the money. Where did it come from? Taxes! Don’t let “one time or short term” fool you. Once they start…
- It appears that the City Council is ignoring the ramifications to massive increase in population in the Prescott area; Prescott Valley guiltier than Prescott. When will we implementing smog checks, bigger police and fire departments, etc.?
- National polling should not be trusted because there is always an oversampling of Democrats to Independents and Republicans. Would it not be fair to use equal percentages of each party or 40% Democrats, 40% Republicans and 20% Independents?
- Consider that maybe humans are an invasive species. Worth thinking about.
- Interesting comparison: Arizona’s water policies are 30 years in advance of California. Also, Arizona’s forest policies are light years ahead of California. Hey, California, I thought you were ahead of schedule for this advanced society. You’re not there yet.
- RE: Residents continue opposition to proposed Brook Apartments. I can see it now, wall to wall track homes sprinkled with apartments from Paulden to Cordes Junction. All farming and ranching outlawed due to lack of water.
- The re-engineering of the intersection of Prescott Lakes Parkway and Willow Lake Road is a beautiful piece of work.
- Scramble at Gurley and Montezuma looks good, more time better (even temporary signs). Way less hazardous left turns into foot traffic.
- Phones at the grocery store, at the restaurant, while walking in the morning. You don’t own the phone, the phone owns you!
All Rants&Raves are subject to editing. Submit RANTS&RAVES at dCourier.com/rants-and-raves or email firstname.lastname@example.org.