Rants & Raves: Nov. 17, 2019
Got something on your mind? Tell us about it in 40 words or less.
- That’s brilliant! Maybe irresponsible dog owners will finally think to change their ways. You go, PooPrints.
- Rave to this idea of DNA testing dogs. I wish they’d do that at where we live. We watch out the window as people walk away after letting their dog do business where children walk/play. People, be responsible dog owners.
- Why does Yavapai County not have rules construction machines are allowed to operate in residential zones? Heavy equipment starts at 6:30 a.m. and no recourse; ongoing for three years here in Diamond Valley. It’s very disruptive to quality of life!
- Save the Verde River from going dry. This will happen unless each of us gets seriously involved. Tell your legislators to take necessary actions on changing antiquated Arizona water laws; otherwise, you won’t vote for them – Republican or Democrat.
- How about the city actually openly study all of the water impact options to probable development north of town? Invite in all of your constituents and citizen groups to participate with their data, talents and perspective. We are your constituents.
- We can send two people and their dog to the moon but cannot get rid of robo calls and internet scams?!
- RE: New hospital in Prescott? It's not the physical hospital, it's the physicians available. We have limited (expertly qualified) specialists, which causes people to go to the Valley. New brick and mortar may help, but doesn't totally fix the problem.
- Water policy vote delayed is a Goode thing!
- How much is this impeachment folly costing us? The Mueller probe cost $25.2 million! Help the homeless instead!
- Turn the Sears store into the new jail. Two problems solved.
- RE: Catchall – Good info about poppies. The last line hit home; Nov. 11 was the perfect opportunity to teach children about honoring vets and who vets are. Missed opportunities abounded around me.
- A great big rave for Yavapai College – so many volunteers seen on Highway 69 between Dewey and Prescott Valley picking up the trash along the highway. It made my heart swell! Thank you!
- Maybe it's just me or do the Yavapai County supervisors like to fuss/construction with the grounds of the courthouse plaza? Yavapai County must have the excess money.
- Remembering Prescott's forgotten WWII aviator, Major Frank Schiel Jr. Thank you, Betty Bourgault, for your research and time spent to bring our local hero back into the light! "Freedom isn't free.”
- RE: Digital marijuana cards – Thwart the will of the voters, check. Punish the sick, check. Give police yet another excuse to arrest people, check. Yeah, I'll just bet it "looked good in committee."
All Rants&Raves are subject to editing. Submit RANTS&RAVES at dCourier.com/rants-and-raves or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click Below to: