Calendar of Events: March 22-26
Friday, March 22
- Downtown Prescott’s 4th Friday Art Walk, 5 to 7 p.m. http://www.ArtThe4th.com.
- Group rummage sale fundraiser today and Saturday, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., Granite Peak UU Congregation, 882 Sunset Ave., Prescott. Designer clothes, accessories and books, garage items and housewares, electronics and furniture.
- Powerpoint 101 basics of creating and editing PowerPoint slide shows and presentations, 10 to 11:30 a.m., Prescott Public Library, 215 E. Goodwin Road, Prescott. Keyboard and mouse proficiency are required. Register online at the Ask a Librarian Desk or call 928-777-1526.
Saturday, March 23
- Ballet Victoria’s Carmina Burana today at 7 p.m. and Sunday at 3 p.m., Yavapai College PAC. Tickets start at $22, available online at www.ycpac.com, by calling 928-776-2000 or at the box office, 1100 E. Sheldon St.
- Prescott Regional SciTechFest, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Embry Riddle Aeronautical University Activity Center and Athletic Complex, 3700 Willow Creek Road, Prescott. https://azscitech.com/scitech_event/prescott-regional-scitech-fest/ or https://www.facebook.com/PrescottSciTechFest/.
- Monthly meeting of the local archaeologist society, 6:30 p.m., Smoki Pueblo at 147 N Arizona St. Prescott College professor emeritus Dr. Bill Litzinger will talk about wolfberry an enigmatic southwestern plant and its relationship to the prehistoric people of the southwest. Open to the public and free.
- Ghost Towns of the Second World War with Eric Berg, 1 p.m. Free for museum members, and with general admission of $10, $8 for seniors and veterans, $5 students, children under 12 free. Phippen Museum, 4701 Hwy 89 N, Prescott. 928-778-1385. Visit Phippenartmuseum.org.
- Bike Rodeo biking skills and safety event, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Mountain Valley Regional Rehabilitation. Food, entertainment, and free helmets while supplies last. Karen Russell, 602-540-5310.
- Trees of Spring, 9:30 to 10:30 a.m., Watters Garden Center, 1815 Iron Springs Road, Prescott. Free, all ages. www.wattersgardencenter.com.
- Prescott and Yavapai College 3rd Annual 3.5 mile Frozen Fun Run, 9 a.m., in front of the Yavapai College Performing Arts Center in Prescott. To pre-register call 928-583-7199 or sign up the morning of the race at 8 a.m. All proceeds benefit U.S.VETS.
- Practical Coach Workshop interactive course, 2 to 4 p.m., Goodwill Career Center, 1375 Iron Springs Road, Prescott, provides management level individuals with practical, effective and positive methods for leading and coaching employees. This workshop will be taught by Laura Hamblin. Laura is an Arizona-licensed attorney with more than 25 years of experience working as a corporate employment lawyer and human resources executive. Cost $25.00, ages 18 and older.
- Contra Dance featuring the Privy Tippers, 7:30 to 10 p.m., First Congregational Church, 216 E. Gurley St., Prescott. Donations, $6 - $9.
Sunday, March 24
- Join Yavapai College Master Chorale, Women’s Chorale, Chamber Singers and Community Chorale along with a live orchestra for the Carmina Burana Performance, 3 to 5 p.m., Yavapai College PAC, all ages. Cost $15-$25.
Monday, March 25
- Knee-High Naturalists - Spring 2019, 9:30 to 11 a.m., Highlands Center for Natural History, 1375 S. Walker Road, Prescott. http://highlandscenter.org/knee-high-naturalists/.
Tuesday, March 26
- Please join Dr. Susan Godman, N.M.D, and Dr. Tim Urell, D.O. for a free informational session on learning to use herbal remedies to combat symptoms during allergy season, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., Elks Theatre Event Hall 1-3rd Floor.
- Insights to the Outdoors- Spider Pharm: Harvesting Venom for Research & Education lecture, 9 a.m. to noon, Highlands Center for Natural History, 1375 S. Walker Rd., Prescott.Cost is $30, 21 and older. https://www.highlandscenter.org
- Culinary workshop: Knife skills class, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., Prescott Extension office, 840 Rodeo Drive, Building C. Cost is $25. To register, call 928-445-6590, ext. 221.
- Free Seminar: Answers to Questions My Survivors Need to Know After I am Gone, 1 to 3 p.m., Adult Center of Prescott, 1280 E. Rosser Street, Prescott.
Click Below to: