Calendar of Events: March 18-22
Monday, March 18
- Prescott Art Docents Free Public Talk: “The Art of Illusion: Some New Perspectives” by Phoenix Art Museum Docent Richard Felnagle,10:30 a.m., Prescott Center for the Arts, 208 N. Marina St.. prescottartdocents.net.
- Knee-High Naturalists, 9:30 to 11 a.m., Highlands Center for Natural History, 1375 S. Walker Road, Prescott. http://highlandscenter.org/knee-high-naturalists/.
Tuesday, March 19
- The Prescott Chapter #098 of RPEA-CA (Retired Public Employees Association of California) will meet at noon at the Golden Corral, 1901 E Hwy 69, Prescott. Lunch at 11:30 a.m. 928-708-9209.
- Teen Advisory Group (TAG) Leadership meeting, 4 to 5 p.m., Prescott Public Library, 215 E. Goodwin Street, Prescott. For teens, grades 6-12. 928-777-1518.
- Adult Center of Prescott free cooking seminar, 2:30 to 3:30 pm, by the Chef from Brookdale Sr. Living, 1280 E. Rosser Street, Prescott.
Wednesday, March 20
- Film presentation: The Restoration of Fossil Creek, 5:30 p.m., Prescott College Crossroads Center. The producer of the film, NAU Professor Stefan Sommer, will present the film and answer questions. Free.
- People Who Care volunteer informational meeting, 1:30 to 3:30 p.m., Prescott United Methodist Church, 505 W. Gurley St., Prescott. 928-445-2480.
- Finding Peace in a Stressful World with Feng Shui, 6 p.m., Prescott Public Library, 215 E. Goodwin St., Prescott. 928-777-1500.
- Water Wednesdays: WaterSmart -- Drop by Drop: State of Arizona Water Management, noon to 1 p.m., Prescott Public Library, 215 E. Goodwin Street, Prescott.
- Prescott Stamp Club monthly lunch followed by Show, 1 p.m., Palace Restaurant, Bill Owens Room, 120 S. Montezuma, Prescott.
- Adult Center of Prescott free seminar: Considering Cremation?, 1 to 2 p.m., 1280 E. Rosser Street, Prescott.
Thursday, March 21
- Being Mortal: Free film screening and discussion, 5 to 6 p.m., Dewey-Humboldt Library, 2735 S. Hwy. 69. 928-632-5049, 928-632-7362, yavapailibrary.org/dewey.
- United Way Workshop: The Practical Coach- Inspiring, Encouraging and Challenging Your Team, 2 to 4 p.m.,, Goodwill Career Center, 1375 Iron Springs Rd., Prescott. Cost is $25. 928-778-6605, email@example.com, yavapaiuw.org.
- Natural History Institute Speaker Series – Scallywags, Gloryhounds, Visionaries and Conservationists: Stories from the Arader Collection, 7 to 9 p.m., Natural History Institute, 126 N. Marina St., Prescott.
- Third Thursday Star Talks: Experience the impact of Meteor Crater with the movie “Impact, the Mystery of Meteor Crater,” 6 to 8 p.m., Prescott Public Library, 215 E. Goodwin Street, Prescott.
- Register for a one-hour session with a You Too! Mentor, 10 to 11 a.m., Prescott Public Library. Training on iPads with hearing and vision accessibility apps. To register, contact the Ask a Librarian Desk at 928-777-1526 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Outdoors Explorer Club, 4 to 5 p.m. Prescott Public Library, 215 E. Goodwin Street, Prescott.For children, ages 8-12. Register online at the Youth Desk or call 928-777-1537.
Friday, March 22
- Group rummage sale fundraiser today and Saturday, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., Granite Peak UU Congregation, 882 Sunset Ave., Prescott. Designer clothes, accessories and books, garage items and housewares, electronics and furniture.
- Powerpoint 101 basics of creating and editing PowerPoint slide shows and presentations, 10 to 11:30 a.m., Prescott Public Library, 215 E. Goodwin Road, Prescott. Keyboard and mouse proficiency are required. Register online at the Ask a Librarian Desk or call 928-777-1526.