Corridor Calendar: July 5, 2019
Originally Published: July 4, 2019 1 p.m.
- School Food Program is through July 28 with breakfast from 7:30 to 8:30 a.m., lunch from 11 a.m. to noon. This program is free for those 18 and younger.
- July 6 from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m., Pizza Hut will have pizza at the Community Center. Pizza Hut will have pizza available and this is a cash-only event. This is the first day to try this new event. If successful, it will be placed on a regular schedule.
- July 11 at 7 p.m., Judge Rummer will be the guest speaker at the Community Association meeting. Come find out what is happening in your neighborhood.
- July 16 and 24 are the Food Distribution dates with sign-in starting at 7 a.m. and the doors closing and locking at 9. Please remain out of the marked off part of the parking lot as the truck is unloading. This is a safety issue.
- On July 20, the planners are holding an ice cream social with board games and a kiddie corner. Kick back and have an enjoyable afternoon starting at 4 p.m. There will be sundaes, root beer floats, plain scoops. Come to enjoy the fun.
- Volunteers are needed to help with events. If you are able and willing to help with planning, preparing and clean-up after events, please call 928-632-9769 and leave your name and phone number. Events cannot be held without volunteer help.
- A notary is available during regular library hours at the Cordes Lakes Library.
- Drop-in Tech Support is available at the library from 1 to 3 p.m. July 11. The library is on Mule Deer Drive and Carol, the Tech Lady will assist you one-on-one. Bring your own device. The sessions are on a first-come basis and most questions can be addressed in 15 to 20 minutes.
- Spring Valley Library is open during the summer. Check out what they have for summer programs.
- Vacation Bible School will be held at the Mayer Community Church, 10001 S. 5th in Mayer, from July 22-25 from 9 a.m. to noon. This is for 5-year-olds through eighth grade. Crafts, songs, games, snacks and more. For additional information or to pre-register, call Cheryl at 928-237-8493.
- Mayer Area Meals on Wheels now has ice for sale at $1 per bag and has notary service during regular hours.
- U.S. Flag retirement – A bin has been placed at the Mayer St. Vincent de Paul Thrift Store (open 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday) for worn U.S. flags. They will be collected by American Legion Post 122 and retired with dignity. If you have a flag ready to be retired, please take it to the Thrift Store.
- Bingo is held every Wednesday at 6 p.m. Doors open at 5 p.m. with sandwiches and snacks available.
- Taco Tuesday at the center is from 4 to 6:30 p.m. to either eat there or takeout. American Legion meets at 1 p.m. the third Friday of the month at Cordes Lakes Community Center. Meetings suspended during July and August and resume in September.
- Boy Scouts and Cub Scouts meet at the church at 17330 E. Mule Deer Drive in Spring Valley at 6 p.m. every Wednesday. Scouts learn new skills by earning badges, enjoy camping, hiking, and much more. Contact Garrison Russell at 702-439-7316 for more information or to join.
- Spring Valley HOA meets at the Community Church the second Tuesday of the month at 7 p.m. Meetings are suspended for the summer and will resume in September.
- Big Bug Charity Quilters meet from 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. every Monday at the Mayer Senior Center, 10051 Miami. Contact Linda Albin at email@example.com for more information.
- Big Bug Gem & Mineral Club plans its outings on the third Monday of the month meeting at the Pilot Station at the Junction at 8 a.m. Contact Ken Dunham at 928-899-6810 for more information. This is an informal group.
- Mayer Fire has its open board meetings at 5 p.m. the third Wednesday of the month at the main location, 11975 S. Highway 69.