Trusted local news leader for Prescott area communities since 1882
Fri, April 19

Attic fire heavily damages Chino Valley home
Occupants got out safely

Firefighters battle an attic fire along Grey Gos Road in Chino Valley Saturday, Jan. 5.
Alexander D Mitchell IV/Courtesy

Firefighters battle an attic fire along Grey Gos Road in Chino Valley Saturday, Jan. 5.

photo

A home along Grey Gos Road in Chino Valley suffered significant damage from an attic fire Saturday, Jan. 5.

An attic fire managed to consume much of a Chino Valley home Saturday evening, Jan. 5.

Occupants of the home, located in the 6000 block of North Grey Gos Road, reported smoke coming from the attic with no visible flames at about 4:30 p.m. At the advice of a 911 dispatcher, the residents evacuated the home, said Central Arizona Fire and Medical Authority (CAFMA) Fire Marshall Rick Chase.

Firefighters responded to find flames breaching the roof.

“It was a full-blown attic fire that had burned the top floor of the residence as well,” Chase said. “Firefighters were on scene for several hours fighting the fire and performing the salvage and overhaul operations. The fire was contained to the home.”

The fire is believed to have been caused by an issue with the home’s fireplace, Chase said.

Follow Max Efrein on Twitter @mefrein, email him at mefrein@prescottaz.com or call him at 928-445-3333 ext. 1105.

Contact

This Week's Circulars

To view money-saving ads...