Calendar of Events: Feb. 27 - March 5
Wednesday, Feb. 27
- Digital Media Club meeting, 4 to 5 p.m., Prescott Public Library, 215 E. Goodwin St. From stop motion animation to video editing, learn all about media production at our brand new Digital Media Club. For children, grades 5-8. Register online, at the Youth Desk or call 928-777-1537. Presented with funding from the Friends of the Prescott Public Library.
- Democratic Women of Prescott Area (DWPA) Monthly Luncheon Wednesday, 11:15 a.m. to 1 p.m. Centennial Center of Antelope Hills Golf Course, 1989 Wineglass Drive. Featured speaker: Chief Deputy David Rhodes of the Yavapai County Sheriff's Office will speak about programs in place in the jail, preparing inmates for en-entry into the community. $17 members, $20 non-members. Cash or check at the door and cards online. RSVP by Feb. 24 to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 626-340-7060.
- Join Lorayne Meltzer as she gives an engaging and informative tour of the biocultural riches of the Gulf of California, México. Natural History Institute, 7 to 9 p.m., http://naturalhistoryinstitute.org.
- Modern board gaming, 4 to 8 p.m., Prescott Public Library, 215 E. Goodwin St. Play modern board games like Ticket to Ride and Splendor on the second, fourth and fifth Wednesdays of every month. Open to anyone 14 and older. Individuals 10-13 may participate if accompanied by an adult. 928-592-5699.
Thursday, Feb. 28
- Serving Seniors Free Community Outreach Fair Please join us for a Free Community Outreach Fair presented by Serving Seniors of Northern Arizona. Free lunch, prizes along with information booths and 4 speakers. Free to all. Located at Smyth Center at Solid Rock Christian Fellowship. 143 S. Cortez St., Prescott. 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- "The Future of Medicare in Yavapai County" a free Senior Connection presentation with Ryan Steinert, Your Medicare Helper, from noon to 1 p.m. at American Lutheran Church, 1085 Scott Drive, Prescott. RSVPs appreciated to Debbie@SeniorConnection.us or 928-778-3747.
- "Window on Nature" Forest & Tree Health in Yavapai County, 7 p.m., Trinity Presbyterian Church, 630 Park Ave., Prescott. 928-778-6502 or 928-848-1513.
- Yavapai College’s Osher Lifelong Learning Institute Munch and Learn session: Transitions in Retirement, 12:30 to 2 p.m., Yavapai College Prescott Campus, Building 3, Room 119. 928-717-7634.
- Ian Fleming’s “Chitty Chitty Bang Bang Jr.” at the Elks Theatre in Prescott. Showtimes on February 28th at 7pm, March 1st, 7pm, & March 2nd at 2pm and 7pm. Tickets are $13 for Adults, $8 for students ages 18 and under. Tickets available at prescottelkstheater.com or by calling 928-777-1370.
- Register for a one-hour session with a You Too! Mentor, 10 to 11 a.m., Prescott Public Library. Training on iPads with hearing and vision accessibility apps. To register, contact the Ask a Librarian Desk at 928-777-1526 or email@example.com.
- Prescott Valley Public Library – February Citizenship Classes, Starting Thursday February 28th the class will meet every Thursday from 1-2:30pm in the library’s 2nd floor PC Lab. Classes will end in 10 weeks on May 2nd. Registration is required. For more information, contact Jim Black at 928-759-6190.
Friday, Feb. 29
- Free Seminar – Answers to Questions My Survivors Need to Know After I am Gone, 1 to 3 p.m., by June Sherod, certified hospice volunteer, the Adult Center of Prescott, 1280 E. Rosser St. Prescott. 928-778-3000.
Friday, March 1
- Prescott Indivisible meeting, 6 to 7:30 p.m., Granite Peak Unitarian Universalist Congregation Davis Hall, 882 Sunset Avenue, Prescott. This month’s speaker will be Tricia Sauer, the Arizona organizer for national Indivisible. indivisibleAZ4@gmail.com or www.prescottindivisible.org. Free, all ages
- Conversational Spanish, 10 a.m. to noon, Prescott Public Library, 215 E. Goodwin Street, Prescott. Basic Spanish skills needed.
- Lap sit Storytime: Bring your baby for some cozy active time on your lap. The Storytime will last about 20 minutes, but you are invited to linger and play. 9:30 a.m. to 10 a.m., Prescott Public Library, 215 E. Goodwin Street, Prescott.
- Excel Basics - Learn basic functions with Excel spreadsheets that can help you get ahead at work, track personal spending from home and more. This 90 minute workshop will cover basics such as entering data, formatting spreadsheets and performing calculations. Keyboard and mouse proficiency are required. Prescott Public Library 10:00:00 AM to 11:30:00 AM
- Friendship for women who have moved to the Prescott area. Every Friday starting March 1st thru May at 9:45 to 11:30 AM at 2100 Sequoia Dr., Prescott. For information contact Beverly at 623-337-6060. Come as often as you can.
Saturday, March 2
- Join MomForce AZ for an open discussion about the drugs that are impacting our health and how we can keep ourselves and our families’ safe and Drug-Free. Learn some easy solutions and proven alternatives to start feeling better today. Saturday, March 2, 2019 10 am to12 pm – Free for all ages - Prescott Public Library
- Addiction Recovery Workshop Series: "Codependency - Saturday, March 2, 2019 from 12:00 pm to 2:00 pm at the Prescott Valley Public Library. The first of three monthly workshops is entitled "Codependency". This program is specifically designed for parents and spouses of addicted loves ones. It will focus on learning coping skills to effectively manage stressful relationships. Register on Library web site, www.pvlib.net/classes.
- Irritating Insects and Fungus Among Us – Watters Garden Center, Saturday, March 2, 2019, 9:30 am to 10:30 am, 1815 Iron Springs Rd, Prescott, AZ 86305, Free, all ages, https://wattersgardencenter.com/
- ECKANKAR, The Path of Spiritual Freedom,the Sound of Soul event at the Prescott Public Library on Saturday, March 2nd. It will be held in the Elsea Conference Room from 10-11:00am. Sound of Soul events are sponsored by Eckankar. For further Information on Sound of Soul events, visit: https://eckankarblog.org/sound-of-soul/HU , or call 877-300-4949
Sunday, March 3
- Fanfare of Favorites (Instrumental) Join the YC instrumental department for a collage of music you’ll fall in love with! The concert band, symphony orchestra and symphonic band presents an evening of our favorite pieces, which is sure to impress. Titles like Borodin’s “Polovitsian Dances” and other stunning works, alongside new standouts like “Bayou Breakdown”! Yavapai College PAC, $10 all ages, Sunday, March 3, 2019 – 3 pm to 5 pm.
Monday, March 4
- The Yavapai College - Jazz Big Bands present a night of big band sounds that will send you back in time. Swing rhythms, soulful saxophones, and punchy brasses combine to make this an evening of classics that define the genre. Greats from across the ages will be performed, included music from Dave Brubeck, Duke Ellington, and more. Get ready to dance in the aisles at this fun event! $10 – all ages - Monday, March 4, 2019, 7 pm – 9 pm.
Tuesday, March 5
- Teen Books and Bites: Allan Wolf's The Watch that Ends the Night, 4 to 5 p.m., 215 E. Goodwin Street, Prescott. is the haunting story of the Titanic tragedy from the poetic perspective of twenty-four voices. The first 10 teens to register receive a free copy of the book. For teens, grades 7-12. Register online, at the Youth Desk or call 928.777.1537.
- "Healthy Living For Your Brain & Body is a free presentation - Dementia and Alzheimer’s are not a normal part of aging - Tuesday, March 5 from 2-3pm at Las Fuentes Resort Village, 1035 Scott Drive in Prescott. To RSVP call 445-9300.
- TOPS AZ – Losing weight is difficult, maintaining that loss is also difficult. TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) is an International Weight Loss Support Group with members here to help you on that journey. TOPS AZ 268, Prescott Valley Meets Every Tuesday from 6:00 to 8:00 P.M., Trinity Lutheran Church, 3950 N. Valorie Dr. (Use lower level entrance on Lakeshore Dr.) Cost is $32.00 per year with $5.00 per month local dues. Please stop by or see tops.org or whywelovetopsarizona.com for more TOPS information, contact 928-772-9564.
Submit items one week in advance to The Daily Courier online at dcourier.com/submit-event or email firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to 8307 E. State Route 69, Prescott Valley, Arizona 86314.