Friday's school, community delays and closures
Feb. 22 – Snowstorm closes schools throughout area
Editor's Note - Remember, we're working to get print editions out; however, in the meantime, print and digital subscribers can get all the news online at dCourier.com. Weather alerts and storm related stories and galleries are being made available free to all readers. Safe travels - but stay home if you don't have to go out.
School Delay & Closure Information in the greater Prescott area:
Prescott Unified School District: Canceled
Humboldt Unified School District: Canceled
Chino Valley Unified School District: Closed on Fridays
Mayer Unified School District: Closed on Fridays
Mountain Institute JTED: Canceled
Yavapai College: Canceled
Yavapai College Athletics: Canceled
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University: Canceled all activities
Prescott College: Canceled
Acorn Montessori: Canceled
Franklin Phonetic Elementary School: Canceled
La Tierra Community School: Canceled
Mingus Springs Charter School: Closed on Friday's
Mountain Oak Charter School: Canceled (follows PUSD)
Northpoint Academy: Canceled
PACE Academy: Closed on Fridays
Parkview Middle School: Canceled
Paulden Community Charter School: Canceled
Prescott BASIS: Canceled per parent's report
PV Charter School: Canceled
Primavera School: Canceled
Sacred Heart School: Canceled
Skyview School: Canceled
Tri-City Prep: Closed on Fridays
Trinity Christian School: Canceled
Willow Creek Charter School: Canceled
Other local closures or delays:
• The Arizona Interscholastic Association has postponed the 1A and 2A State Basketball semi-final games scheduled for Friday and the championship games scheduled for Saturday at the Findlay Toyota Center in Prescott Valley.
• The Chino Valley Public Library will be closed today, Friday, Feb. 22 due to the snow.
• The Dewey-Humboldt Historical Society has postponed its field trip to the Gen. Crook Trail from this weekend to 9:30 a.m. Saturday, March 9.
• The Literary Southwest author talk scheduled for Friday, Feb. 22, at Yavapai College has been postponed due to forecasted weather conditions.
• ‘Tis Gallery and Mountain Artists Guild are postponing their Friday Art Walk receptions to Friday, March 1.
• Sharlot Hall Museum Groundbreaking, the planned groundbreaking event for construction of the new Education Center at Sharlot Hall Museum has been postponed to 4 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 28.
• The Winter Creation Science Seminar, which was scheduled for Saturday, Feb. 23, has been canceled.
• Alpenglow: The Practice of Art & Natural History in the Range Of Light, at the Natural History Institute is postponed for the safety of attendees, presenters and staff. The new date for this program will be Thursday, Oct. 24.
• Prescott National Forest offices closed Friday due to storm. The closures include the Forest Supervisors Office, Bradshaw Ranger District, and the Chino Valley Ranger District.
• Most northern Arizona MVD offices will remain closed Friday, Feb. 22, due to continued poor driving conditions in the region. The closures remain in effect for MVD offices in Flagstaff, Holbrook, Kingman, Payson, Prescott, Show Low, Tuba City, Window Rock and Winslow.
• The Annual International Festival at Embry Riddle Aeronautical University has been cancelled for this weekend due to the weather.
• The Prescott Valley Community Events Forum that was scheduled for Friday night is postponed. The Forum will take place next Friday, March 1, 6:30 p.m., at the PV Public Library Crystal Room. Please continue to send your event suggestions to email@example.com if you cannot make the forum.
• The Daddy Daughter Date Night scheduled for Friday has been postponed until March 1. All Prescott Valley Parks and Recreation classes and activities are cancelled for Friday. Please call 928-759-3090 on Monday for more information.
• CLOSURE: Please also note that along with the Prescott Valley Library and Civic Center, the Prescott Valley Police lobby and records department will be closed on Friday, Feb. 22. The lobby and records departments will resume a normal work schedule on Monday, February 25, 2019.
Check back to this list for updates; to contribute to this report, click here to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click Below to: