Thursday's school delays, community closures
Feb. 21 – Snowstorm closes schools throughout area
Updated as of Thursday, February 21, 2019 2:30 PM
Editor's Note - In your snow adventures today, send photos to the Courier at email@example.com. We'll share them with the community! And remember, we're working to get print editions out; however, in the meantime, print subscribers get the online for free. Safe travels - but stay home if you don't have to go out.
School Delay & Closure Information in the greater Prescott area
Prescott Unified School District: Canceled
Humboldt Unified School District: Canceled
Chino Valley Unified School District: Canceled
Mayer Unified School District: Canceled
Mountain Institute JTED: Canceled
Yavapai College: Canceled
Yavapai College Athletics: Canceled
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University: Canceled including all related campus activities, including flight operations.
Northern Arizona University: Canceled
Prescott College: Canceled
Acorn Montessori: Canceled
Franklin Phonetic Elementary School: Canceled
La Tierra Community School: Canceled
Mingus Springs Charter School: Canceled
Mountain Oak Charter School: Awaiting report
Northpoint Academy: Canceled
PACE Academy: Canceled
Parkview Middle School: Canceled
Paulden Community Charter School: Canceled
Prescott BASIS: Canceled
PV Charter School: Canceled
Primavera School: Canceled
Sacred Heart School: Canceled
Skyview School: Canceled
Tri-City Prep: Canceled
Trinity Christian School: Canceled
Willow Creek Charter School: Canceled
Other local closures or delays:
• The Music Memory Concert at Yavapai College Performing Arts Center has been canceled
• The Dewey-Humboldt Historical Society has postponed its field trip to the Gen. Crook Trail from this weekend to 9:30 a.m. Saturday, March 9.
• The Literary Southwest author talk scheduled for Friday, Feb. 22, at Yavapai College has been postponed due to forecasted weather conditions.
• ‘Tis Gallery and Mountain Artists Guild are postponing their Friday Art Walk receptions to Friday, March 1.
• Sharlot Hall Museum Groundbreaking, the planned groundbreaking event for construction of the new Education Center at Sharlot Hall Museum has been postponed to 4 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 28.
• The Yavapai College Performing Arts Center has canceled tonight’s, Thursday, Feb. 21, concert of The King’s Singers due to the winter snow conditions.
• Alpenglow: The Practice of Art & Natural History in the Range Of Light, at the Natural History Institute is postponed for the safety of attendees, presenters and staff. The new date for this program will be Thursday, Oct. 24.
• Prescott National Forest, reports offices will be closed Thursday. These include the Forest Supervisors Office, Bradshaw Ranger District, Chino Valley Ranger District and the Verde Ranger District.
• The Arizona Department of Transportation Motor Vehicle Division is closing 12 offices in northern and northeastern Arizona Thursday in anticipation of poor driving conditions due to the incoming snowstorm. This includes offices in Prescott, Cottonwood and Flagstaff.
• The 3:30 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 21, Chino Valley Water and Utilities Subcommittee Meeting has been canceled.
• The Thursday, Feb. 21, meeting of the Yavapai Chapter of the Arizona Archaeological Society has been canceled. .
• Real World Self Defense School has canceled all classes for Thursday, Feb. 21.
• The Winter Creation Science Seminar, which was scheduled for Saturday, Feb. 23, has been canceled.
Check back to this list for updates; to contribute to this report, click here to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
Aztlan Lodge #1, F.&A.M. Family Breakfast
Taco dinner and silent auction benefits band
Prescott International Folkdancers
Music For Those With Alzheimer's Disease and Dementia
View More Events...
This Week's Circulars
To view money-saving ads...