Calendar of Events: Feb. 12-17
Tuesday, Feb. 12
- 5/6 Book Club, 4 to 5 p.m., Prescott Public Library, 215 E. Goodwin Street, Prescott. For teens, kids, grades 5-6. Register online, at the Youth Desk or call 928-777-1537.
- Trout Unlimited and Fly Casters monthly meeting about fishing the streams of the Southern Rockies, 6 to 8 p.m. Lamb Chevrolet Upstairs Conference Room. Guest speaker will be Paul Downing, author of Fishing the Southern Rockies.
- Inner Strength with Kadampa Buddhist monk Gen-la Kelsang Jampa, 6:30 to 8 p.m., Unity Church of Prescott, 145 S. Arizona Ave., Prescott. Cost is $10/$5 for students. www.MeditationInNorthernArizona.org/innerstrength.
- February VA Workshop Series – Veterans Town Hall Meeting, Prescott Valley Public Library, 7401 Skoog Blvd, Prescott Valley will be hosting the next workshop in the VA Workshops Series. The topic is a ‘Veterans Town Hall Meeting’. The workshop/Town Hall meeting will be held from 5 pm to 6:30 p.m. in the Glassford Hill Room.. If you have any questions please call 928-759-3040
- Geologic highlights of the Bolivian Altiplano, 6 p.m., Prescott Public Library, 215 E. Goodwin St. Geology Talks is hosted by the Central Arizona Geology Club.
- Tuesday Morning Book Club, Wait Till Next Year (1997) by Doris Kearns Goodwin. Join the discussion, 10 a.m. to noon, Prescott Public Library.
- Technology Help Hour. Ask a technology question and get help from members of the Prescott Computer Society, 10 to 11 a.m., Prescott Public Library, 215 E. Goodwin Street, Prescott.
Wednesday, Feb. 13
- Prescott Military Pilots group monthly meeting, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Elks Club, Prescott Valley. 928848-2742.
- Embry Riddle Aeronautical University Aviation History Presentation, 7 p.m. Davis Learning Center Auditorium, 3700 Willow Creek Road, Prescott. WWII C-47 pilot David Hamilton, Lt Col USAFR, who flew 50 plus Korean combat missions in B-26s.
- Writing Workshop Series: Time and Place, 2 p.m., Prescott Public Library, 215 E. Goodwin Street, Prescott. Register online, at the Ask a Librarian Desk or call 928.777.1526.
Thursday, Feb. 14
- Sister Cities Valentine's Day meeting and social, 11 a.m.,Guacamaya's Mexican Grill, 1317 E. Gurley Street, Prescott. Learn about our Sister City relationship with Caborca, Sonora, Mexico at this special meeting celebrating El Dia de Amor y Amistad - The Day of Love and Friendship, the south-of-the-border Valentine's Day.
- Yavapai College’s Osher Lifelong Learning Institute Munch and Learn session: League of Women Voters: Homelessness,12:30 to 2 p.m., Yavapai College Prescott Campus, Building 3, Room 119. To sign up, call 928-717-7634.
- Register for a one-hour session with a You Too! Mentor, 10 to 11 a.m., Prescott Public Library. Training on iPads with hearing and vision accessibility apps. To register, contact the Ask a Librarian Desk at 928-777-1526 or email@example.com.
Friday, Feb. 15
- Natural History Institute Book Club – Spying on Whales by Nick Pyenson, 9 to 10:30 a.m.., Natural History Institute, 126 N. Marina St., Prescott.
- Lap sit Storytime: Bring your baby for some cozy active time on your lap. The Storytime will last about 20 minutes, but you are invited to linger and play. 9:30 a.m. to 10 a.m., Prescott Public Library, 215 E. Goodwin Street, Prescott.
- Preschool Storytime: 30 minutes of stories, songs, and finger plays especially for children ages 3-5, and their grownups. Siblings are always welcome. 10:30 a.m. to 11 am, Prescott Public Library, 215 E. Goodwin Street, Prescott.
- Third Friday Chamber Music Series, 3:30 p.m., Prescott Public Library, 215 E. Goodwin St. 928-778-6965.
- Computer Basics: Internet I, 10 to 11:30 a.m., Prescott Public Library, 215 E. Goodwin St. Register online or call 928-778-6965.
- Conversational Spanish, 10 a.m. to noon, Prescott Public Library, 215 E. Goodwin Street, Prescott. Basic Spanish skills needed.
Saturday, Feb. 16
- The Prescott Farmers Market, 10 a.m., Prescott High School, 1050 Ruth St. www.prescottfarmersmarket.org. Through May 4.
- Hear the Angel Voices, 1 to 3 p.m., Elks Performing Arts Center, 117 E Gurley St - 2nd Floor - Dance Studio 2, Prescott. Cost is $25. Reservations required. 928-772-6826.
- Controlling Gophers and Other Annoying Animals: Watters Garden Center, 1815 W. Iron Springs Road.
- Saturday Night Talk Series – Relating to the Continued Influence of Spiritual Teachers Who Have Died. 7 p.m., Vigraha Gallery, Courtyard Bldg., 115 E. Goodwin Street. Talks are open to anyone on a spiritual path, $5 donation.
- A blood drive will take 8 a.m. to 1 pm. at the First Church of The Nazarene, 2110 Willow Creek Rd., Prescott. To sign up, call 928-771-1601or 928-848-1601, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Caldedocott Books and Art for Kids, 11 a.m., Prescott Public Library, 215 E. Goodwin Street, Prescott. All registered children will receive a personal copy of the book. For children, grades K-2. Register online, at the Youth Desk or call 928.777.1537.
Sunday, Feb. 17
- Prescott Valley Farmer’s Market, 11.a.m.to 2 p.m. Main Street, right outside Harkins Theatre through April.
- Arizona Humanities Lecture: Cowpokes, Crooks, and Cactus: Arizona in the Movies, 2 to 3:30 p.m., Prescott Public Library, 215 E. Goodwin Street, Prescott.