Calendar of Events: Feb. 7 - 14
Thursday, Feb. 7
- Prescott Stamp Club, meeting and auction, 12:45 p.m., Trinity Presbyterian Church, 630 Park Ave., Prescott. Dwayne, 928.445.1673 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dewey-Humboldt Library re-opening of its book store, newly stocked with major authors, fiction and non-fiction. Most hardbacks are one dollar and paper backs twenty-five cents. Open every Thursday from noon to 5 p.m. starting today.12980 Prescott St., Dewey-Humboldt. 928-899-4399.
- Natural History Institute Speaker Series – Slave Raiding Ants of Prescott, 7 to 9 p.m., Natural History Institute, 126 N. Marina St., Prescott.
- "Why Should I Update or Review My Estate Plan?" a free Senior Connection presentation with Walker Estate Attorneys, noon to 1 p.m., Shepherd of the Hills Lutheran Church, 1202 Green Lane, Prescott. RSVPs appreciated to Debbie@SeniorConnection.us or 928-778-3747. www.SeniorConnection.us
- Yavapai College’s Osher Lifelong Learning Institute Munch and Learn session: The Camino de Santiago, or the Way of Saint James, 12:30 to 2 p.m., Yavapai College Prescott Campus, Building 3, Room 119. To sign up, call 928-717-7634.
- Popcorn and Pages Book Club, 4 to 4:45 p.m., Prescott Public Library, 215 E. Goodwin Street, Prescott. For children, grades 3-4. Register online, at the Youth Desk or call 928-777-1537.
- Register for a one-hour session with a You Too! Mentor, 10 to 11 a.m., Prescott Public Library. Training on iPads with hearing and vision accessibility apps. To register, contact the Ask a Librarian Desk at 928-777-1526 or email@example.com.
Friday, Feb. 8
- Lap sit Storytime: Bring your baby for some cozy active time on your lap. The Storytime will last about 20 minutes, but you are invited to linger and play. 9:30 a.m. to 10 a.m., Prescott Public Library, 215 E. Goodwin Street, Prescott
- Preschool Storytime: 30 minutes of stories, songs, and finger plays especially for children ages 3-5, and their grownups. Siblings are always welcome. 10:30 a.m. to 11 am, Prescott Public Library, 215 E. Goodwin Street, Prescott.
- Valentine’s Dance Party with Chad & Marie Burson, Viennese Waltz dance lesson at 6:30, Dance party at 7:30 p.m. the Adult Center of Prescott, 1280 E. Rosser St. Prescott. $10 for both. 928-778-3000.
- Art Days for Kids, for children, ages 6-14, Prescott Public Library, 215 E. Goodwin St. Register online or call 928-777-1537.
Saturday, Feb. 9
- Equal Rights Amendment. Free presentation, including a video, on the pending ERA ratification, 1 to 3 p.m., in the Bump Room at Prescott Public Library, 215 E. Goodwin Street, Prescott.
- The Prescott Farmers Market, 10 a.m., Prescott High School, 1050 Ruth St. www.prescottfarmersmarket.org. Through May 4.
- The Prescott Mac User Group (PMUG) monthly meeting, 10 a.m., Yavapai College Prescott Campus, Bldg. 4, Room 102. Topics will include Mac maintenance using various programs and Adobe Flash Player. Non-members are welcome and refreshments will be served. www.pmug.us.
- Mad Hatter’s Tea Party, Feb. 9, 11 a.m., Prescott Public Library, 215 E. Goodwin St., Prescott. Seating is limited. Register online, at the Youth Desk or call 928-777-1537.
- Drought in Arizona: Observations, Impacts, and Projections, Dr. Michael Crimmins, Climate Science Extension Specialist, will discuss potential changes in Arizona’s temperatures and precipitation patterns in the coming decades, 10 a.m. to noon, Granite Peak Unitarian Universalist Congregation building, 882 Sunset Ave., Prescott. 928-445-4218; www.cwagaz.org.
- Gardening for Newcomers: Watters Garden Center, 1815 W. Iron Springs Road.
- Smart Girls Fashion Show hosted by Women In Business, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Centennial Center at Antelope Hills Golf Courses, 1 Perkins Drive. Tickets are $30, includes lunch. Proceeds benefit local U.S. veterans.
- Saturday Night Talk Series – Following a Path with Heart, Stopping Internal Dialogue: Further Reflections on the Teachings of Carlos Castaneda. 7 p.m., Vigraha Gallery, Courtyard Bldg., 115 E. Goodwin Street. Talks are open to anyone on a spiritual path, $5 donation.
- The Mile High Mystics will host an event entitled Love is in the Air, 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the Hassayampa Inn located at Gurley and Marina Streets. 928-443-5325.
- Near Death Studies, IANDS –International Association Of Near Death Studies meeting, 1 to 3:45 p.m., Unity Church, 145 S. Arizona.
- "Faces of Love" Camerata Singers concert, 2:30 p.m., St. Luke's Episcopal Church, 2000 Shepherds Lane. 928-458-0592. $18 single; $30 for two.
Sunday, Feb. 10
- Prescott Valley Farmer’s Market, 11.a.m.to 2 p.m. Main Street, right outside Harkins Theatre through April
- "All You Need is Love," a storytelling theatre performance with Prescott PeaceBuilders, 4 to 6 p.m., Los Pinos Restaurant, 1245 White Spar Road, Prescott. Free.
- Coffeehouse Concerts Presents: Gary Simpkins and Kris Baldwin, 2 p.m. Prescott Public Library, 215 E. Goodwin Street, Prescott.
Monday, Feb. 11
- Chocolate lovers are invited to attend the third annual Chocolate Games at 2 p.m., The Monday Club clubhouse, 1306 Stetson Road in Prescott. The event will feature a variety of chocolate treats. Admission is $20 and all proceeds will go to the Prescott Public Library. RSVP with your name and the game you would like to play at 928-541-7703 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Chautauqua Literary and Scientific Circle of Prescott (CLSC), 2 to 3:30 p.m., Prescott Public Library, 215 E. Goodwin Street.
Tuesday, Feb. 12
- 5/6 Book Club, 4 to 5 p.m., Prescott Public Library, 215 E. Goodwin Street, Prescott. For teens, kids, grades 5-6. Register online, at the Youth Desk or call 928-777-1537.
- Trout Unlimited and Fly Casters monthly meeting about fishing the streams of the Southern Rockies, 6 to 8 p.m. Lamb Chevrolet Upstairs Conference Room. Guest speaker will be Paul Downing, author of Fishing the Southern Rockies.
- Inner Strength with Kadampa Buddhist monk Gen-la Kelsang Jampa, 6:30 to 8 p.m., Unity Church of Prescott, 145 S. Arizona Ave., Prescott. Cost is $10/$5 for students. www.MeditationInNorthernArizona.org/innerstrength.
- February VA Workshop Series – Veterans Town Hall Meeting, Prescott Valley Public Library, 7401 Skoog Blvd, Prescott Valley will be hosting the next workshop in the VA Workshops Series. The topic is a ‘Veterans Town Hall Meeting’. The workshop/Town Hall meeting will be held from 5 pm to 6:30 p.m. in the Glassford Hill Room.. If you have any questions please call 928-759-3040
- Geologic highlights of the Bolivian Altiplano, 6 p.m., Prescott Public Library, 215 E. Goodwin St. Geology Talks is hosted by the Central Arizona Geology Club.
- Tuesday Morning Book Club, Wait Till Next Year (1997) by Doris Kearns Goodwin. Join the discussion, 10 a.m. to noon, Prescott Public Library.
- Technology Help Hour. Ask a technology question and get help from members of the Prescott Computer Society, 10 to 11 a.m., Prescott Public Library, 215 E. Goodwin Street, Prescott.
Wednesday, Feb. 13
- Prescott Military Pilots group monthly meeting, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Elks Club, Prescott Valley. 928848-2742.
- Embry Riddle Aeronautical University Aviation History Presentation, 7 p.m. Davis Learning Center Auditorium, 3700 Willow Creek Road, Prescott. WWII C-47 pilot David Hamilton, Lt Col USAFR, who flew 50 plus Korean combat missions in B-26s.
- Writing Workshop Series: Time and Place, 2 p.m., Prescott Public Library, 215 E. Goodwin Street, Prescott. Register online, at the Ask a Librarian Desk or call 928.777.1526.
Thursday, Feb. 14
- Sister Cities Valentine's Day meeting and social, 11 a.m.,Guacamaya's Mexican Grill, 1317 E. Gurley Street, Prescott. Learn about our Sister City relationship with Caborca, Sonora, Mexico at this special meeting celebrating El Dia de Amor y Amistad - The Day of Love and Friendship, the south-of-the-border Valentine's Day.
- Yavapai College’s Osher Lifelong Learning Institute Munch and Learn session: League of Women Voters: Homelessness,12:30 to 2 p.m., Yavapai College Prescott Campus, Building 3, Room 119. To sign up, call 928-717-7634.
- Register for a one-hour session with a You Too! Mentor, 10 to 11 a.m., Prescott Public Library. Training on iPads with hearing and vision accessibility apps. To register, contact the Ask a Librarian Desk at 928-777-1526 or email@example.com