Rants & Raves: Aug. 25, 2019
Got something on your mind? Tell us about it in 40 words or less.
- Everybody’s hometown doesn’t have enough doctors.
- A car horn should be used only to avoid an accident, not to put your emotional immaturity on public display.
- Bernard Cygan’s letter “Proud to be American” has to be tongue in cheek; it’s full of hyperbole and sounds like the talking points of Rush Limbaugh and Tucker Carlson; hard to take seriously but so many will.
- I find it absolutely stunning that 59% of our property taxes go for education and our schools are rated poor. Where is all this money going?
- “It impacts existing residential property by $30.73 for every $100,000 of assessed value (limited property value),” explained Yavapai County Administrator Phil Bourdon. It is time to put limits on tax/fee raises.
- City seeks proposals for redevelopment of City Hall. And we need a new city hall why?
- RE: ADOT considers raised median, signal on Highway 69 along Truwood-Enterprise corridor in Prescott Valley. Let’s fix 69 through PV first! Bikers and bicyclists risk life and limb riding on it. An alignment facility would be a great investment.
- All the rhetoric about the proper age for voting is very controversial. If you’re old enough to die for your country you should be old enough to vote. Let them get a little life experience, then vote.
- HOA management companies aren’t necessary. Officers and homeowners do all important work anyway. A lawyer on retainer can handle legal matters. It’s time for Prescott HOAs to stop wasting thousands of dollars on these companies!
All Rants & Raves are subject to editing. Submit RANTS&RAVES at dcourier.com/rants-and-raves or email email@example.com.