Calendar of Events: April 29-May 3
Monday, April 29
- “Art as a Form of Storytelling” presented by Prescott painter and storyteller Carla Woody and hosted by the Prescott Art Docents, 10:30 a.m., Prescott Center for the Arts Theatre, 208 N. Marina Street. prescottartdocents.net, www.carlawoodyart.com.
- PAL, Parents of Addicted Loved Ones, 6 to 7:30 p.m., Alliance Bible Church, 2601 W. Iron Springs Road, Prescott. PAL provides hope through education and support to parents of loved ones who are suffering with addiction and alcoholism. 928-778-0379 www.palgroup.org.
Tuesday, April 30
- Near Death Experience Group discussion, 6 to 7:30 p.m., Prescott Public Library, 215 E. Goodwin Street, Prescott.
- Ragtime Sing-Along with Peter Bergin, 3:30 p.m., Prescott Public Library, 215 E. Goodwin Street. www.prescottlibrary.info, 928-777-1500.
- The Ultimate CBD Information and FAQ: Learn about the benefits and concerns surrounding the Cannabidiol (CBD) Movement, 6:30 p.m., Prescott Public Library, 215 E. Goodwin Street, Prescott. Free, 18 and older.
- TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly), 6 to 8 p.m., Trinity Lutheran Church, off Lakeshore Drive in Prescott Valley. 928-772-9564 or tops.org.
- TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly), 7:30 a.m., Open Door Baptist Church, 8451 E. Stevens Drive, Prescott Valley. 928-413-4060.
- Queen of Hearts, 6 p.m., 202 N. Arizona Ave. 928-776-1125; vfw541prescott.org.
- Anger Solves Nothing, 6:30 to 8 p.m., Unity Church of Prescott, 145 S. Arizona Ave. MeditationInNorthernArizona.org, 928-637-6232.
- Meditation & Buddhism for Inner Peace, 6:30 to 8 p.m., Unity Church of Prescott, 145 S. Arizona Ave. MeditationInNorthernArizona.org or 928-637-6232.
- Ragtime Sing-Along with Peter Bergin, 3:30 to 4:30 p.m., Prescott Public Library, 215 E. Goodwin St.
- Answers to Questions My Survivors Need to Know After I am Gone, 1 to 3 p.m., Adult Center of Prescott, 1280 E. Rosser St. Presented by June Sherod, Certified Hospice Volunteer.
- Technology Help Hour, Prescott Computer Society, 10 to 11 a.m., Prescott Public Library, 215 E. Goodwin St. Bring your own laptop or mobile device or use a library laptop
- Toddler storytime, 10 to 10:30 a.m., Prescott Public Library, 215 E. Goodwin St. Stories, songs and fingerplays with plenty of parent and child interaction. For toddlers and their grownups.
Wednesday, May 1
- Prescott Coin Club meeting, 7 p.m., POA Building at 1133 Old Chisholm Trail in Prescott Country Club in Dewey. 928-772-7144.
- YavaButtons Club, 9 a.m. in Rm. 3 at Stepping Stones Coffee House, 2nd Street, Prescott Valley. Membership is open to anyone interested in the collection, history, or preservation of clothing buttons. 928-443-9831.
- Young adult career and job fair for ages 16 to 24, 3 to 6 p.m., Yavapai Juvenile Justice Center Lawn Area in Prescott, 1100 Prescott Lakes Parkway. Professional attire is strongly recommended. For information, contact Katherine Anderson at 928-776-2008 or email@example.com.
- VFW Post 541 Dinner, 4:30 to 7 p.m., 202 N. Arizona Ave, Prescott. 928-776-1125.
- Prescott Military Pilots, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Elks Club, Prescott Valley. 928-848-2742.
Thursday, May 2
- Natural History Institute Speaker Series - Three Decades of Science on Polar Ice: A Personal Perspective, 7 to 9.m., 126 N Marina St, Prescott. 928-863-3232.
- Prescott Stamp Club meeting and auction12:45 p.m., Trinity Presbyterian Church, 630 Park Avenue, Prescott. All ages. 928-445-1673 or dwayne@yfplan.
- "Love it, Fix it or Leave it! Is Your Home Senior Friendly?" free Senior Connection presentation, noon to 1 p.m., Shepherd of the Hills Lutheran Church, 1202 Green Lane, Prescott. 928-778-3747.
- Three Decades of Science on Polar Ice: Presented by Steve Munsell, 7 p.m., Natural History Institute, 126 N. Marina Street, Prescott.
- You Too! Mentor training, 11 a.m. to noon, Prescott Public Library, 215 E. Goodwin St. Training on iPads with hearing and vision accessibility apps. To register, contact the Ask a Librarian Desk at 928-777-1526 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Arizona Attorney General's Prescott Satellite Office, 10 a.m. to noon, Prescott Public Library, 215 E. Goodwin Street. Volunteers can assist with consumer fraud complaint, civil rights complaint and questions regarding scams, consumer fraud, life care planning and other issues. 602-542-2123 or CommunityServices@AZAG.gov.
- Popcorn and Pages Book Club, 4 to 4:45 p.m., Prescott Public Library, 215 E. Goodwin Street. All registered children will receive a copy of each month's book. For children, grades 3-4. Register online, at the Youth Desk or call 928-777-1537.
- Reincarnation discussion group, as examined through regression hypnosis, how and why, 6:30 p.m., Wild Iris Coffee Shop. Free, all ages.
- The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at Yavapai College free Munch and Learn workshop: Smoki Museum , 12:30 to 2 p.m., Building 3 Room 119 on the Prescott Campus. To enroll, call 928-717-7634.
- Bingo, Adult Center of Prescott, 1280 E. Rosser St.. Doors open 12 p.m., games start 1:30 p.m.
- Celebrate Recovery is a biblical program that helps "regular" people overcome hurts and negative habits to live in freedom with Christ. Follow the Beatitudes with us. Meetings are Thursdays in the American Lutheran Church Fellowship Hall, with "Meet, Greet, & Eat" at 5:30 p.m., followed by worship and teaching at 6 p.m.
Friday, May 3
- Prescott Indivisible general meeting, first Friday of each month, 6 to 7:30 p.m., Granite Peak UU Congregation, 882 Sunset Avenue, Prescott. www.prescottindivisible.org.
- Learning with Lynda.com, 10 a.m., at Prescott Public Library, 215 E. Goodwin Street. Register online, at the Ask a Librarian Desk or call 928-777-1526.
- Lap sit Storytime: Bring your baby for some cozy active time on your lap, 9:30 to 10 a.m., Prescott Public Library, 215 E. Goodwin Street, Prescott.
- Preschool storytime, 10:30 to 11 a.m., Prescott Public Library, 215 E. Goodwin St.Stories, songs and fingerplays especially for children, ages 3-5, and their grownups. Siblings are always welcome.
- Conversational Spanish, 10 a.m. to noon, Prescott Public Library, 215 E. Goodwin Street, Prescott. Basic Spanish skills needed.
- Granite Mountain Interagency Hotshot Crew (GMIHC) Learning and Tribute Center, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Prescott Gateway Mall, #120 (near Dillard’s). www.gmihc19.org. email@example.com. www.facebook.com/gmihc19. (Fri & Sat.)
- Touchmark Trekkers Walking Group, 7 a.m., Touchmark Health & Fitness Club, 3150 Touchmark Blvd., Prescott. This walking group is open to the public.
Click Below to: