Update: Lynx Fire grows to 16 acres, remains 80% contained
Firefighters worked into the evening Friday, April 19, building a containment line around the perimeter of the 16-acre Lynx Fire, which is now 80 percent contained, according to a Saturday morning news release.
“Today, smoke will be visible as fuels continue to burn in the interior of the fire;” the news release from the Prescott National Forest states. “Firefighters will continue to improve the line around the perimeter, extinguish any hotspots and start mopping-up.”
The Lynx Fire was reported east of the south shore boat ramp. The human-caused fire is under investigation.
Recreation Site Information:
• Overnight campgrounds were re-opened Friday evening.
• The east side of Lynx Lake Trail 311 and Johns Tank Trail 94 will remain closed until further notice.
• Lynx Lake South Shore Day-Use will remain closed through Sunday evening, April 21, for the safety of firefighters and the public to allow access for firefighters and fire-related traffic.
• Lynx Lake North Shore Day-Use opened Saturday at 8:30 a.m.
The public can obtain additional fire information via the following:
• Prescott NF Forest Website: http://www.fs.usda.gov/prescott/
• Twitter: @PrescottNF
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PrescottNF/
• Bradshaw Ranger District: 928-443-8000.
• Prescott NF Fire Information: 928-925-1111.
Information provided by Prescott National Forest.