Prescott Chamber Business Awards Ceremony winners announced
17 awards given out for inaugural event
Prescott Chamber Of Commerce Business Awards 2018
Seventeen awards were given out during the inaugural Prescott Chamber Business awards ceremony hosted Thursday, Oct. 11, at the Prescott Resort & Conference Center.
With about 300 people in attendance, the celebration honored local businesses, nonprofit organizations and outstanding community leaders.
Winners received trophies, a certificate of special congressional recognition from U.S. Congressman Paul Gosar’s office and a certificate of achievement from the City of Prescott.
BUSINESS AWARDS 2018
1) Ambassador of the Year: Leland Moreno-Hilburn, senior partner with the Robb Group Economic Development and Business Growth Advisor, executive director of Eviation Aircraft Inc. and a licensed Realtor with CLA Realty
2) Chamber Board Member of the Year: Steve Walker, former Yavapai College vice president of advancement
3) Bagdad Business Coalition Business of the Year: Julie Anthes, owner of Junk-N-Treasure in Bagdad
4) Business Woman of the Year: Sara Murry, owner of Fancy That!.
5) Educator of the Year: Mardi Read
6) Emerging Business of the Year Findlay Automotive Group
7) Excellence in Arts & Culture: Sharlot Hall Museum
8) Excellence in Business: Arizona Public Service
9) Excellence in Dining: El Gato Azul
10) Excellence in Economic Development: Teri Drew, executive director of economic workforce development for the Northern Arizona Council of Governments.
11) Excellence in F/I/R/E: Yavapai Title Agency
12) Excellence in Healthcare: Dr. Hojat Askari, owner of Thumb Butte Medical Center
13) Excellence in Hospitality & Tourism: Ponderosa Hotel Management Services
14) Excellence in Philanthropy: Yavapai-Prescott Indian Tribe
15) Excellence in Small Business: Raskin’s Jewelers
16) Nonprofit Organization: Stepping Stones Agencies
17) Veteran Owned Business: Prescott Brewing Company