Originally Published: October 7, 2018 7:48 p.m.
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University’s new residence hall stands overlooking Willow Lake.
Known as Thumb Butte Suites, the 72,000-square-foot building houses 278 beds, according to the university.
It features three study rooms, a game room, three lounges, a fitness room, three laundry rooms and a hospitality area with an oven.
The building cost about $20 million.
Construction on the hall began about 13 months ago, said Jason Kadah, ERAU spokesman. Half of it was opened in late August, and the remaining half opened in late September. A grand opening event for the hall was held Friday, Oct. 5.
With this addition, the university now has 16 residence hall buildings on campus.
Follow Max Efrein on Twitter @mefrein, email him at firstname.lastname@example.org or call him at 928-445-3333 ext. 1105.
More like this story
- University investing, growing: Embry-Riddle's $45 million campus expansion, renovation
- New section of Prescott Circle Trail complete through ERAU
- ERAU hosts Arizona Town Hall discussion on water Feb. 10
- Embry-Riddle receives large endowment for professor, new building
- Embry-Riddle has new interim president