Winners announced for 2018 Prescott Veterans Day Parade
The City of Prescott has announced the winners of the Veterans Day Parade that took place in downtown Prescott on Saturday, Nov. 10.
The parade’s theme was “Honoring Hometown Heroes — Remembering World War I 1914-1918.”
With 86 entries, awards were given to the best entry in seven categories: Fraternal Organization, Hospital, Marching Unit, Motorized Group, Music and Non-Profit, as well
as an award for Best Overall.
According to a Tuesday, Nov. 13, news release from the City of Prescott, the parade’s winning entries were:
• Fraternal/Military Organization: Prescott High School Air Force JROTC
• Hospital Entries by Veterans: Northern Arizona VA Women’s Health Program
• Marching Unit: Ernest A. Love American Legion Post 6 Honor Guard
• Motorized Group: Korean War Veterans (Ed Reeves Chapter 311, Prescott)
• Music: The Pride of Prescott Marching Band
• Non-Profit: The Prescott Antique Auto Club
• Commercial Business: Arizona Public Service (APS)
• Best Overall: Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University Air Force ROTC, Detachment 028
“The City of Prescott would like to thank all those who participated as well as the community partners that helped to sponsor this year’s parade, including Arizona Public Service (APS), Affinity RV, Barrett Propane, Dorn Homes, Lamb Auto Group, Northern Arizona VA Health Care System and Safeway,” the news release added.