Originally Published: May 26, 2018 6:03 a.m.
PRESCOTT — The NAIA officially announced its All-American team for the 2017-18 season and Embry-Riddle senior Matt Andrews was awarded third-team honors Thursday morning.
Andrews is the university’s first All-American for men’s golf in program history.
The Sheboygan, Wisconsin, native recently played in the 2018 NAIA Men’s Golf National Championships, and earned his third career All-Cal Pac team honor in April. He finished fourth overall at the 2018 Cal Pac Championships.
He led the Eagles this season with a stroke average of 72.7 and finished top five in five tournaments this past season, including winning Embry-Riddle’s co-ed event in the fall.
Andrews won back-to-back Cal Pac Player of the Year awards as a sophomore and junior, and is a two-time NAIA Daktronics Scholar Athlete.
Brian M. Bergner Jr. is sports editor for The Daily Courier. Follow him on Twitter and Instagram at @SportsWriter52, or on Facebook at @SportsAboveTheFold. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 928-445-3333, ext. 1106.
More like this story
- Jessica Williams leads Embry-Riddle to Cal-Pac title, claims individual crown
- ERAU golf wins league, advances to nationals
- Fall Preview: Embry-Riddle golf sets sights on national title run
- Embry-Riddle women sit atop Cal-Pac leaderboard after day one in Mesa
- Embry-Riddle golf rising fast in NAIA ranks (VIDEO)