Originally Published: May 22, 2018 noon
PRESCOTT — In the age 50 to 55 division, The Heat from Maricopa went into the title game undefeated but lost to 4 The Fallen from Mesa after the club rallied to win 18-16 at the Tobin-Glick Memorial Softball Tournament.
The Heat returned the favor, however, claiming the championship with a 24-21 win over 4 The Fallen on Sunday in Prescott.
In the championship game for the 60’s majors division, Old School defeated the Ancients 22-9 to claim the title Sunday in Prescott. Bill McKnight, Mike Gault, Jim Fisher from Prescott led the way, including a two home run performance by McKnight.
The championship game for the age 55 division, Kingman defeated Thunder Struck 19-7.
“This was a wonderful tournament,” Kingman coach Dave Hawkins said. “We’ll return to Prescott.”
In the age 60 division, Full Throttle came away with a 20-13 victory over Resultz from Phoenix.
Coach Mark Spencer said, “Both teams were tired. I guess we were lucky enough to outlast them.”
More like this story
- Kingman takes top seed into 55s age bracket Sunday
- 3 teams claim titles on final day of Tobin-Glick softball tourney
- Old Pueblo of Tucson goes 6-0, snares 70s-75s Tobin-Glick tourney crown
- Trevor Lewis of BASIS Prescott wins state CAA golf title
- Chasing Father Time: Yavapai Cantina plugs along as the clock churns