Originally Published: May 19, 2018 4:18 p.m.
Updated as of Sunday, May 20, 2018 6 AM
Two patients were transported to Yavapai Regional Medical Center after two vehicles suffered heavy damage from what witnesses reported as a head-on collision Saturday afternoon in Prescott.
No fatalities occurred at the time of the accident, Central Arizona Fire and Medical Authority Battalion 6 Chief Alan Schuster said.
The status of the two patients after arriving at YRMC was unknown at press time.
A white van and late-model truck were traveling opposite each other on State Route 89 in Prescott, just north of the State Route 89A (Pioneer Parkway) and 89 intersection by Prescott Airport and Antelope Hills Golf Course, when they collided, causing the van to roll. The truck was still in the middle of the road as local traffic made its way through crash debris.
The investigation is ongoing, Schuster said.
More like this story
- Update: Van driver issued citation after Friday's three-vehicle crash investigation
- Update: SR 89 reopens after fatal crash north of Chino Valley
- 2 crashes occur within 1.5 blocks of each other in Prescott
- 3 patients air-lifted following 3-car head-on crash on SR 260, driver arrested
- UPDATE: Paulden crash kills two, injures two