Originally Published: May 14, 2018 2:58 p.m.
Updated as of Tuesday, May 15, 2018 6 AM
A man from Surprise died in Prescott very early Sunday morning, May 13, after being shot several times in the area of 800 White Spar Road.
Officers with the Prescott Police Department (PPD) arrived on the scene shortly after 2 a.m., according to a PPD news release. They found 44-year-old Chris Scoggins with multiple bullet wounds. Scoggins was transported to the Yavapai Regional Medical Center, where he was later pronounced dead.
Officers also found a man being held down by other people on scene. The man was identified as 39-year-old Michael Ryan from Louisiana.
Detectives learned Scoggins was in town with a group of motorcyclists from the Phoenix area. They were told Scoggins confronted Ryan about a report of Ryan touching a female member of the motorcycle group inappropriately. During the confrontation, Ryan pulled out a handgun and shot Scoggins several times, police said.
Ryan was booked on one count of second degree murder, four counts of aggravated assault on law enforcement and one count of sexual abuse. The investigation is ongoing.
More like this story
- Man pleads guilty to killing man in Prescott during confrontation over woman
- Tucson Police: Man jailed in fiancee’s death after making up story
- PV man charged with attempted murder in shooting
- Police capture Michigan man suspected of striking PPD officer
- The Latest: Girl, 10, and woman, 18, dead in Toronto rampage