Photo by Les Stukenberg.
Originally Published: May 7, 2018 3:41 p.m.
A 12-year-old boy crossing Lakeshore Drive in Prescott Valley was struck and seriously injured on Monday, May 7, by a vehicle that left the scene, according to Sgt. Rob Brown, Prescott Valley Police Department traffic section supervisor.
The alleged incident happened about 3 p.m., and, Brown said, the boy was in a marked crosswalk at Lakeshore Drive and Lake Valley Road.
The vehicle left the scene. But a passing motorist, who saw the crash, followed the vehicle and reported the location to police.Brown said police had made contact with the suspect, whose name he was unable to release.
Charges had not been filed as of late Monday afternoon.
The intersection of Lakeshore Drive and Lake Valley Road was shut down around 3:15 p.m. Monday after a car reportedly struck a pedestrian. Police stopped traffic while they investigated, and said the area would likely be closed until at least 5 p.m.
Further information will be posted as it becomes available.
More like this story
- Police: Child struck, seriously injured, by hit-and-run driver
- Driver who allegedly struck boy crossing street was 16 years old
- Prescott Valley skateboarder hit twice, trapped under vehicle
- Distracted driving alleged cause of Monday crash
- Man rescued after being pinned underneath car in Prescott Valley