Photo by Sue Tone.
Originally Published: May 6, 2018 6 a.m.
- Make Your Own Book Summer Camp, featuring composing and illustrating a self-authored book, for ages 10-13, June 5 to 9. For more information, contact Anna Flurry at firstname.lastname@example.org or 860-398-9619.
- Prescott Center for the Arts summer youth programs, June 6 to July 22, June 18 to 29 and July 9 to 28, 928-445-3286, pca-az.net.
- Yavapai College for Kids Prescott. Classes for kids ages 5-17 in science and technology, nature, creative arts, drama, filmmaking and writing, cooking, languages and more. Register by phone at 928-717-7755. Walk-in: Community Education Office: Bldg. 31, Room 108. Session A: Monday to Thursday, June 4-21. Session B: Monday to Thursday, July 9-26. www.yc.edu/v5content/lifelong-learning/college-kids/default.htm.
- YMCA day camps, May 29 to Aug. 1. Arizona Cardinals NFL youth flag football league, basketball camp, itty bitty sports clinics, volleyball camp, soccer camp, fencing camp, lacrosse skills camp, pickleball, adult flag football league, gymnastics summer camp, dolphin day camp, mermaid camp, June ballet intensives, and June dance camps, 928-445-7221 or www.prescottymca.org.
- Boys & Girls Club summer camps include 10 weeks of art, sports, swimming, learning and field trips. Prescott Clubhouse, 335 E. Aubrey St., 928-776-8686 or Prescott Valley Clubhouse, 8201 E. Loos Drive. 928-237-1377.
- Social Justice and Leadership Summer Intensive - learn how to create positive change in the world. This camp is for 9 to 12 graders, June 18-23. Contact Anna Flurry at email@example.com or 860-398-9619. Register at tinyurl.com/SJLI2018.
- Students ages 11 to 15 are invited to join Ecosa Institute for a week-long architecture, arts & design camp to be held July 16 through July 20, 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., at the Ecosa studio, 212 W. Gurley St. Campers will learn the foundations of ecological/sustainable design, architectural drawing and drafting skills, creating community through art and design and capturing art in nature. www.ecosa.org or call 928-541-1002.
- 2018 Swim School (ages 3-18) at Yavapai College. Eight different classes, with five levels of swimming, are offered running from June 4 to July 19. For more information, contact Paula Tomitz at Paula.firstname.lastname@example.org or 928-776-2238.
- Summer Zoo Camp is being offered by Heritage Park Zoo with various themes. Week-long camps run from June 4 to July 27. For more information, contact 928-778- or www.HeritageParkZoo.org.
- British Soccer Camp: Challenger Sports has teamed up with Prescott Valley to host this camp during the week of July 17 to 24 at Antelope Park. The camp runs Monday through Friday and each child will be coached by a member of the team of 1,200 British soccer coaches. The camp is open to players between the ages of 3 and 19.
To register and for more information go to www.challengersports.com.
- Summer reading program at Chino Valley Public Library. This year’s theme is “Build a Better World.” For more information, contact Miss Darlene at 928-636-9115.
- Summer reading programs at Prescott Public Library. This year’s theme is “Libraries rock!” For more information, call 928-777-1537 or visit www.Prescottlibrary.info.
- Summer reading programs for teens, ages 12-18, and youth up to 11, are being offered at Prescott Valley Public Library. For more information, contact 928-759-3038. The program runs from June 1 to July 31.
Submit items one week in advance to The Daily Courier, 1958 Commerce Center Circle, Prescott, AZ 86301 or email email@example.com.