Originally Published: May 5, 2018 5:56 a.m.
The Town of Prescott Valley will be hosting a parade of about 100 National Guard soldiers on Sunday, May 6, and streets will be closed as a result.
The parade, which kicks off at noon, will start at 7401 E. Civic Circle, near the library, to honor Charlie Company 1-158 Infantry of the Army National Guard, which is deploying to Afghanistan.
The parade will head west around the Civic Center, down Civic Circle Drive and then down Lakeshore Drive to the west.
The parade will march either down Main Street from Lakeshore Drive or back around Civic Circle to return to the library.
Road closures will include Glassford Hill Road to Windsong Drive on Lakeshore Drive, and the roads leading to Civic Circle Drive. The streets will re-open when the parade is finished.
More like this story
- Army National Guard troops based in Prescott deploy to Afghanistan
- Editorial: National Guard’s Charlie Company has a job to do
- Arizona National Guard unit to deploy to Afghanistan
- Prescott Valley in Brief: Learn how town police, water departments work today, Saturday
- Prescott Valley in Brief: Granville students give recognition to veterans Friday