Originally Published: June 18, 2018 5:58 a.m.
Walker Day, held at the Walker Fire Department on Saturday, June 16, 2018, is the biggest fundraiser of the year for the all-volunteer fire department.
Founded in 1863, Walker, Arizona is located about 20 miles southeast of Prescott in Yavapai County.
The Walker Fire Department is made up of volunteers working to provide local fire protection and emergency medical services for Walker and nearby communities (Greater Walker, Big Bug and Potato Patch).
Donations from the community help the volunteer department provide emergency services throughout the year.
Click here if you would like to donate to the Walker Fire Protection Association General Donation fund.
Click here to make a 2018 Annual Contribution ($300 Recommended) to the Walker Fire Protection Association.
More like this story
- Mohave officials: Easter eggs dropped by crop duster may be contaminated
- Arizona man falls to his death at off cliff at Glen Canyon
- Chino Valley cancels Fourth of July fireworks, celebration will go on as planned
- #METOO rally set for Dec. 6 at courthouse plaza
- Burning food cause of reported structure fire