Originally Published: July 22, 2018 1:57 p.m.
SURPRISE, Ariz. — Surprise police say a man is dead after being shot during an altercation with a repairman who was doing some work at the home where the man lived.
Sgt. Tim Klarkowski says the investigation is in its early stages and that police are still trying to determine exactly what led to the fatal shooting of 41 year old Frank Pineda by the repairman on Friday.
Klarkowski said the repairman was taken into custody without incident and is cooperating with investigators. The repairman's identity wasn't released.
Klarkowski also says an official cause of death of Pineda hasn't yet been determined by the Maricopa County Medical Examiner's Office.
More like this story
- Arizona in Brief: Candlelight vigil planned for slain Arizona trooper
- Arizona in brief: Woman fatally shot by a Pima County deputy
- Arizona in Brief: Stolen car suspect is fatally shot by police officer
- Arizona in Brief: Police: Phoenix man dies after shooting son, then himself
- Golden Valley dispute leaves man dead