Originally Published: July 6, 2018 12:10 p.m.
PHOENIX (AP) — A state police vehicle that was stolen in Glendale has been recovered in Phoenix but the firearms that were inside remain missing.
Glendale police say the unmarked Department of Public Safety car was found Thursday in central Phoenix.
Police spokeswoman Tiffany Smith says an AR-15 rifle and a 9mm handgun were not inside the Chevy Silverado pickup truck.
Smith says the unmarked vehicle had been parked overnight near a DPS officer's home when it was taken Tuesday morning.
She says it is not unusual for officers to take vehicles home.
DPS did not immediately respond Friday to a request for comment.
Phoenix police are helping in the investigation.
Orignal post on GPD Twitter page
More like this story
- Married detectives accused in thefts, pawning of state guns
- DPS: 2 arrested after Arizona troopers shot at during chase
- Officers recover stolen truck in Spring Valley, charge two men
- Rash of vehicle thefts, burglaries strike Granville in Prescott Valley
- PV police nab couple on multiple theft, burglary charges