Originally Published: January 22, 2018 5:55 a.m.
2018 Women's March On Prescott
PHOENIX — From Flagstaff to Nogales, at least seven women's marches and rallies were held around Arizona.
Department of Public Safety officials estimated that at least 20,000 people participated in Sunday's two-mile march in downtown Phoenix that began and ended at the State Capitol.
The weekend marches and rallies around the country are in support of female empowerment and denouncing President Donald Trump's views on immigration, abortion, LGBT rights and women's rights.
Many of the events took place on Saturday, the anniversary of Trump's inauguration.
In Arizona, marches were held Sunday in Phoenix, Flagstaff, Sedona, Prescott, Payson, Nogales and Ajo.
More like this story
- Lawsuit filed over protest outside 2017 Trump rally in Phoenix
- 2018 Women's March on Prescott
- Campaign 2016: Trump tries to focus in the final stretch; Clinton stops in Arizona
- Women's March: More than 1,100 march — for many reasons — in downtown Prescott
- President Trump to be in Arizona for Mesa rally Friday night