Congratulations to the 2018 Visionary Award Winners!
THE NEXT DECADE OF LEADERSHIP
Holli Maurer is the Vice President of Operations for Ponderosa Hotel Management Services. She moved to Prescott 7.5 years ago and is busy as a single mother of two young boys, volunteering for NAU’s School of Hotel/Restaurant Management Services, writing her blog Lipstick and Legos, and running her Gold Canyon Candle business on the side. She is being awarded this Visionary Award for her strong leadership skills and commitment to influencing our community.
• BS in Hotel/Restaurant Management from NAU, and studied abroad in the Netherlands/Switzerland
• Vice President of Operations of Ponderosa Hotel Management Services, Regional Director of Sales and General Manager of the Residence Inn by Marriott; been with the company since January 201, prior to that 13 years with Marriott International
• Volunteers to teach leaderships/ethics/human resources at NAU each semester for the last 4 years
• Skills/Interests: 20 years of hotel management/blog writer/loves to spend time with her family
“My vision for Prescott is to encourage the younger generation to take a more active role in the quad city area in various ways. I would like to see them hold leadership positions and understand that they are influential in shaping our community.”
Jill McAdoo has served the community in a variety of roles: EMT, Dispatcher, RN, and most recently as Clinical Manager for Life Line Ambulance. She is being awarded for her leadership in both her career and service to the community through Prescott Moms Blog as well as volunteer efforts with both local and state organizations.
• Studied at Yavapai College, NAU, and GCU
• Works for Life Line Ambulance
• Founder, Prescott Moms Blog
• Volunteer for PAYP, MATFORCE, YC-Medical Reserve Corp
• Skills/Interests: Photography, rock climbing, camping
“I envision more families making Prescott their home and enjoying it’s unique outdoor opportunities, and through my profession I plan on improving health systems so the community is better connected to the services they need.”
Stevie Vawter is a young female professional with a deep-rooted passion for the construction industry. Her creativity, dedication, and pride propels her into future leadership roles not only at Fann Contracting, Inc., but in helping to build the community. Stevie is passionate about the work she does and the impact that she may have on the future success of our community. She is being awarded this Visionary Award because she strives to become a strong role model for upcoming young females in our area through mentoring and like-minded partnerships.
• Studying Business Management at Yavapai College; Prescott, AZ
• Employee at Fann Contracting, Inc. for 10+ years
• Interests: Life-long learning, family, traveling and enjoying the great outdoors
Quote to live by: “Be authentic, find your passion, celebrate your strengths, and bring them to the table because you can and will make a difference. – Jamie Schindelbecker”
Tyler Goodman is a husband to a beautiful wife and a father to a beautiful 10 month-old daughter. He has returned to his hometown with education and experience to help the city and its residents. He is being awarded because of his work toward and passion for shaping this community.
• Earned a Master of Public Administration from Arizona State University
• Works for the City of Prescott in the City Manager’s Office on special projects and legislative issues
• Volunteers with the Boy Scouts of America as an assistant scout master in a local troop
• Interested in family, being outdoors, fitness, and sports
“I envision a Prescott that fosters diverse opportunities for all by capitalizing on our strengths – natural beauty, quality of life, higher education, tourism, and economic development – in order to retain and attract good jobs, housing, and other amenities.”
Laura Tully is the Events and Community Outreach Coordinator at The Launch Pad Teen Center. Laura strives for a life of learning and a life of service fueled by knowledge. She holds a passion for educating and empowering youth, particularly young women. Therefore, her work with The Launch Pad’s Women’s Empowerment Breakthrough Conference is her source of greatest joy and what she would consider to be the highlight of her professional career.
• Events and Community Outreach Coordinator at The Launch Pad Teen Center
• Master of Arts degree from Prescott College in Social Justice and Human Rights
• Active member of the Captain CrossFit Community
“At The Launch Pad, I am actively engaged in creating the future of Prescott through the teenagers we serve. I feel extremely fortunate as I am in a unique position to directly impact the future of Prescott through the next generation of leaders. My vision of Prescott is a community that holds a tremendous wealth of personal and professional growth opportunities so we can retain all of our creative, ambitious, wildly intelligent, and diverse youth.”
Meghan McAnally is a local business owner of Terra Sole Outdoor Design and West Alley Boutique. Meghan thrives on giving back and setting forth the difference she wants to see in her community. She is being awarded as a young women entrepreneur pushing the boundaries to be successful and because of her passion to help those in need.
• Studied at Grand Canyon University; Phoenix, AZ
• Degree: in Finance and Economics
• Career: Co-Owner of Terra Sole Outdoor Design and Co-Owner of West Alley Boutique
• Philanthropy: Co-Chair Women of Influence for YBBBS, Chair PAYP Advisory Committee, Pregnancy Counselor for Community Pregnancy Center, Marketing and Volunteer Coordinator for Silver Ring Thing
• I nterest: Family and traveling
“My vision for Prescott is to see growth while still preserving the city’s character. I believe the more people and businesses lead to a growing and thriving economy.”
Grant Quezada is happily married to another Prescott local, Veronica Edwards, for the last 11 years, they have two boys Noah (6), Titus (3), and a daughter Adaline (1). Grant is being awarded a Visionary Award because of his dedication to his country and his community.
• Prescott Raised
• Special Operation Combat Veteran 75TH RANGER REGIMENT (2006-2014) OIF/OEF and AZ NG Sniper Section Leader (2014-Present)
• Founder John Hancock Barbershop
• Board Member: PAYP, YMCA, YoungLife
• Hobbies include: Exploring Life, Long Range shooting/Instructing, collecting friends, investing in people
Vision for Prescott: “To bring a constant growth to Prescott, creating positive change through the appreciation for our unique history and with the heart of a servant leader”
Alexis Miller has worked in non-profit for 13 years and has experienced living around the country. She is being awarded because of her commitment to making a difference for women and children experiencing victimization in her community.
• Obtained Master’s Degree at the University of Chicago, Chicago, IL
• Works for Stepping Stones Agencies
• Marketing Vice-Chair & Social Media Manager for PAYP
• Skills/Interests: Travel, Grant Writing, Baking
“My vision of the Prescott area is to see young people engage with the community and make a difference where they live.”