Originally Published: February 25, 2018 5:59 a.m.
Alfonso’s: Two new locations on the way, still
The city approval process for two new Alfonso’s Mexican Food restaurants is bogged down, but owner Martin Luna is still confident they’ll be open soon.
The one going into the former Mogie’s Mongolian Grill, 1385 Iron Springs Road, is about one month from completion, and some permits have yet to be approved. The other one, in the former Yogurt Fantasy in the Fry’s Food and Drug shopping center on Willow Creek Road, is experiencing a similar delay.
The Willow Creek location has had a tough time. In May 2017, a driver smashed into the front of the store while it was being remodeled.
Luna said he’s hopeful it could be open during February, but the original timetable was for an opening the week of Feb. 18 and that didn’t happen.
Rumor confirmed: Walmart McDonald’s to close
The McDonald’s restaurant located inside the Walmart at 3050 E. Highway 69 will shut down, “likely in August,” said Stephanie Chan, McDonald’s regional brand reputation manager.
She added that it is an older restaurant and the owner wants to “focus on more modern experiences for folks in the region.”
“We are thankful to our hard-working restaurant team, who provided years of dedicated service,” said owner Greg Cook. “We look forward to continuing to serve our customers at one of our other McDonald’s restaurants in the area.”
Once the McDonald’s is gone, another rumor has it that a Subway sandwich shop will move into the vacant space.
Subway spokesman Kevin Kane could not confirm the rumor, saying, “It is entirely possible that someone may be doing a site evaluation, but we wouldn’t know about it until later in the process.”
Frank & Jesse James Moving shuts down; Ace Moving takes over
Frank & Jesse James Moving in Prescott Valley has closed its doors, but many of the business’ assets – though not the trucks – have been bought by Susan Bennett, who has opened a new company, Ace Moving.
Several of the James’ employees are working with Bennett, who said business has been reasonably good since Ace opened in January. Call 928-445-5688 for more information.
To submit items for the Courier’s Need2Know, email firstname.lastname@example.org; for legal advertisements, email email@example.com.
More like this story
- Need2Know: The Event Spot now in PV; ON Q Financial and Farmers Insurance opening; Firehouse Subs still coming; local Walmarts miss out on re-modeling projects
- Need2Know: Old World Bagels closes; Verizon store coming soon; Plaza Bonita owner, name change; more
- Need2Know: Vintage 107 nears opening; new painting business in Prescott; Alfonso’s about to open 2nd location; unbiased financial advice available
- Need2Know: Krispy Kreme bails on PV; Western Heritage Foundation filling vacancy on Whiskey Row; car wash developments in PV; new Alfonso’s in Prescott
- Need2Know: Peavine Coffee House now in PV; Prescott Winery moving; Mama’s Artisan Pizzeria sold, renamed; Blind Brothers Arizona and Helken & Horn Advertising Agency relocate