Originally Published: December 31, 2018 12:31 p.m.
Updated as of Monday, December 31, 2018 4:01 PM
EDITOR'S NOTE: Continue to watch dCourier.com for more updates on the winter storm moving through northern Arizona on Monday.
The Yavapai County Sheriff's Office reported several road closures in the quad-city area as a winter snowstorm moves through northern Arizona on Monday.
According to YCSO spokesman Dwight D'Evelyn, as many as 15 cars were parked off the roadway on Iron Springs Road, which has been closed from Highland Pines toward Prescott as it waits for snow removal equipment.
Other roads in the quad-city area that have reportedly been closed or will be closed soon as of 11:50 a.m. Monday:
-Highway 169 access at I-17 is closed.
-Highway 169 between Highway 69 and I-17 is closed.
-Williamson Valley and the Iron Springs area in Prescott is very slow going with several vehicles stuck.
-I-17 northbound throughout Yavapai County is very slow.
-Dry Creek at Boynton Canyon is closed.
-Traffic on Highway 69 at the Dells in Prescott is at a standstill.
-89A north and southbound north of Jerome is closed at mileposts 243-347.
-Several vehicles are stuck on highway areas near Mingus Mountain.
-Highway 89 is closed in both directions north of Kirkland at mile post 297 for a crash.
More like this story
- Some local roads begin to reopen after New Year's Eve snowstorm
- White Christmas & road issues: crashes, slide-offs keep law enforcement busy (PHOTOS)
- Snowstorm slams area; DPS calls it 'worst' in Northern Arizona history
- ADOT urges drivers to be prepared as new snowstorm approaches
- Interstate 17 northbound reopens north of Highway 179; 89A open too