Prescott seeks applicants for six boards, commissions, and committees
The Prescott City Council’s Subcommittee for Appointments is accepting applications for residents who are interested in serving on a City of Prescott board, commission, or committee.
A news release from the city notes that terms will vary depending on the type of board or commission.
The release adds that any members currently appointed to a City of Prescott board, commission or committee, whose term expires in March 2019, must submit a new application indicating interest in continuing to serve.
The city is seeking applications for:
• Airport Advisory Committee, with a term through March 2021.
• Board of Adjustment, with a term through March 2021.
• Fire Board of Appeals, with a term through March 2021.
• Planning and Zoning Commission, with a term through March 2023.
• Prescott Preservation Commission, with a term through March 2022.
• Tourism Advisory Committee, with a term through March 2022.
Applicants must live within Prescott city limits for all open appointments, expect for the Tourism Advi-sory Committee.
The City Council makes appointments upon recommendation from the Council Subcommittee on Appointments following review of applications, according to the city news release.
Applications are due to the city by 5 p.m. Friday, Feb. 1, 2019.
More information on the groups is available by visiting the city’s website at http://www.prescott-az.gov/city-management/boards-commissions/, or by contacting the City Clerk’s Office at 928-777-1272.
Information provided by the Prescott City Council.