Gas line reportedly ruptured at MI Windows and Doors
Entire manufacturing facility evacuated
Updated as of Tuesday, December 18, 2018 2:25 PM
Nearly 300 people were evacuated from MI Windows and Doors in Prescott Valley due to reports of a gas line being ruptured by a forklift inside the manufacturing facility Tuesday, Dec. 18.
A hazardous materials team and firefighters with the Central Arizona Fire and Medical Authority (CAFMA) responded to the scene around 10:30 a.m. They shut off the gas to the building and used air monitoring meters to check for natural gas on every floor, but nothing was found, said CAFMA Fire Marshall Rick Chase.
The business's employees were let back into the building and Unisource Energy Services turned the gas back on.
Follow Max Efrein on Twitter @mefrein, email him at firstname.lastname@example.org or call him at 928-445-3333 ext. 1105.