Originally Published: December 15, 2018 9:46 p.m.
In the City of Prescott’s ongoing effort to reach the 10,000 mark for passenger enplanements by the end of 2018, the Prescott Regional Airport has now reached the 8,600 mark.
In a Friday, Dec. 14, news release, the city reported the latest milestone toward the 10,000 enplanement goal for the remainder of the year.
Passenger numbers and information from the past week:
• Dec. 7 to 14 — 575 passengers boarded 14 flights, equating to an 82.1-percent load factor.
• During the past week, the city reported having multiple people and groups travel to Los Angeles for the day in support of the Fly Prescott 10K campaign. (Updates for the campaign are available on the City of Prescott and Prescott Regional Airport Facebook pages).
• The city is anticipating load factors through Dec. 31 to be at more than 80 percent.
• As of Friday, Dec. 14, the total passenger number for 2018 stands at about 8,600.
• At current booking levels, the city estimates that it should achieve the 9,000 milestone on about Dec. 19.
• Additional parking located near the terminal was opened Dec. 7.
• Because of road construction on Highway 89, the city suggests allowing extra time for those flying out of the Prescott Regional Airport.
The 10,000-enplanement achievement is significant for the city, because it is the level that would trigger significantly more federal grant money for airport improvements, including a proposed new airport terminal.
The city kicked off the “Fly Prescott 10K” incentive program in November to encourage area residents to use the Prescott Regional Airport for its airline travel.
The city’s commercial carrier, United Express, offers daily roundtrip flights to Denver and Los Angeles. Flights can be booked online at United.com or on the United app on a smartphone. Customers should elect airport code PRC for Prescott.
More like this story
- Prescott Regional Airport reaches 8,000 passenger enplanements Dec. 7
- Prescott Airport progressing toward 10K enplanement goal
- Prescott Airport reaches 9,000 enplanements; 10,000 passenger milestone, grants within reach
- Prescott reaches 10,000 passengers at airport
- ‘Fly Prescott 10K’ promotion campaign launches at Prescott Regional Airport