Rants & Raves: Sept. 16, 2017
Got something on your mind? Tell us about it in 40 words or less.
- I am in favor of canceling DACA. If the “Dreamers” want to stay, then make it mandatory that they go through the citizenship course to become a legal citizen.
- The only way delays on I-17 between Phoenix and Yavapai County attract a solution is if a powerful state legislator is stuck in traffic for several hours, missing an appointment with a huge donor.
- Harvey is tragic but why in all the media did we not hear about all the fires in the West, homes lost, residents evacuated, some losing everything. California, Idaho, and Montana have several fires actively burning.
- It is very aggravating people don’t pay attention and yield properly at roundabouts. I use them daily and have to be extremely cautious. There ought to be a “class” teaching right of way and safety using these roundabouts.
- I’m pretty sure that opinion pieces are, by definition, supposed to be slanted.
- The death penalty is not meant to be a deterrent, but punishment. It is a guarantee that those people will never commit another murder. The Bible gives this authority making it punishment not murder.
- Trail 330, Goldwater Lake equestrians – Thank you for the warning of swarming bees. Very much appreciated.
- I’m 88 and went to the PV Post Office, but saw a long line; said I would return later. A lady approached, and said everyone voted me first. Smiles, and ushered up front. Thanks for a precious memory.
All Rants & Raves are subject to editing. Submit Rants & Raves at dcourier.com/rants-and-raves or email firstname.lastname@example.org.