Rants & Raves: Sept. 10, 2017
Got something on your mind? Tell us about it in 40 words or less.
- Food Truck fest – Not enough food trucks, lines were horribly long and not clearly marked. Not everything was under $5.
- If only “new” residents could bring along an acre foot of water it would be great!
- Need for a “primary” council election: NO! It eliminated only one candidate, prolongs the outcome, and the cost at $80,000 could provide at least a six-month salary for a police officer or firefighter.
- Grow up! I am all for keeping the monuments. It wasn’t the soldiers in the Civil War who were slave owners.
- Why the need to discuss flying the POW/MIA flag during the month of September? The question is, “Why isn’t the POW/MIA flag flown all the time?” Soon they will be voting whether to fly the American Flag on Thursdays.
- The Left blames global warming for Harvey. This is wrong. How can warming cause a hurricane to stall? The earth has been warming and cooling since its creation. We cannot control planet warming or freezing.
- The millions of Americans who are fearful of President Trump, are the Left afraid of too much sugar in their soda, second-hand smoke, and lifeless statues of an era gone by.
- Complaint about the letter carrier – FYI, the Postal Service has not relied on “tax dollars” since the 1970s. They are self-sufficient, revenue generated by postage.
All Rants & Raves are subject to editing. Submit Rants & Raves at dcourier.com/rants-and-raves or email firstname.lastname@example.org.