Rants & Raves: Oct. 15, 2017
Got something on your mind? Tell us about it in 40 words or less.
- Good for you Bisbee! Our state legislators are acting like D.C. career politicians. Too many are more interested in moving to D.C. than they are about our state issues. Plastic bags are a blight everywhere.
- Noise ordinance: Sit around the courthouse plaza and listen to the loud motorcycles and some vehicles. Total lack of enforcement in our city. Why?
- The desire to grow does NOT improve our way of life nor quality of life. Only selected developers, land owners and government benefit. We lose our freedoms as crime increases and also taxes increase.
- It is time for everyone to let the Hotshots rest. “Only the Brave” just digs it all back up again.
- Thank you, editor Tim, for the “Only the Brave” movie review column. Seeing it is a personal choice. Some people are not ready.
- Tenth amendment to the Constitution: the police powers, to protect public health, safety and welfare are reserved to the states. Arizona establishes the power of cities to establish and enforce zoning. The oath of office obligates council members to uphold.
- We need to light a fire under the City Council and developers. How about this: no new residential development until the Prescott AMA is in balance?!
- Any legislation aimed at stopping the killing of animals should be carefully scrutinized. Animal rights folks will stop at nothing to systematically stop the killing of all animals one species at a time, so we won’t notice. What silly people.
All Rants & Raves are subject to editing. Submit Rants & Raves at dcourier.com/rants-and-raves or email email@example.com.