Yavapai County Teacher of the Year nominations sought
The Yavapai County Education Foundation is accepting nomination applications through its website for the 2018 Yavapai County Teacher of the Year.
Through form.jotform.com/73174115180954 nomination can be made; for more information, visit ycefoundation.com.
Lamb Chevrolet and General Manager Ed Walsh have contributed $20,000 toward the prize money for this year’s winners. These cash awards include:
• All Categories except First Year Teacher: Finalists (three per category) will be awarded $500 each. Category winners will receive an additional $1,500.
• The overall Teacher of the Year, selected from among category winners of all categories other than First Year will receive an additional $5,000 and other gifts.
• Each First Year Teacher of the Year Finalist will be awarded $500 each. The First Year Teacher of the Year winner will receive an additional $2,500.
The deadline to nominate an excellent teacher is Jan. 10, 2018. Following are the categories:
• K-5th Grade
• 6th-8th Grade
• Cross Grades Specialists (K-8)
• High School
• Cross Grades Specialists (9-12)
• Outstanding First-Year Teacher
For answers to your questions, call 928-442-5139.